TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the colors on the Tivo menus changed. What used to be yellow is now white, and the tivo logo no longer renders; it's just a white outline. It seems like yellow is just not rendering. TV programs themselves appear fine, no color problems. But I use closed-captions, and now the captions have solid green rectangle behdin them that spans most of the screen, block a swath of the TV image.

Pix of what I'm seeing: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I contracted Tivo support who says I'm on new software and, quote, "I believe that the colors and text has change." "I believe" is not very reassuring, and the CC issue is a real problem. (And I sent them the link to the images; I doubt the start-up screen is correct.)

Has anyone else seen screen changes since updating to version 20.7.2.RC24-USA-6-846 ?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Yes the software updated changed all Premiers and Raomios to have the same menus and colors as the Bolts. Lots of threads about the software update around.

Reactions: JamesBritt

·
96 Posts
I had the same experience with the CC after the update.

Go to the setting menu and reset the options for CC to get rid of the green banner.
I reset my CC options to "default" and that works fine for me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Aww man I hate this new look really bad.. It looked awesome before now its Blaaah! I spend a ton of money on this thing and now it looks like crap =( we should have an option to change colors. The Tivo Logo is just a blank now and the folders and stuff all look weird. Very disappointing =(

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,333 Posts
Its the new v20.7.2 update and now the CC settings are under "User Preferences."

Look under System Infomation and can confirm the update, its now under Help.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
For a company that changed their name, Rovi has a Facebook page with no mention of the word Tivo. LinkedIn and Twitter and "contact us:" are all Rovi addresses. I know they changed thier name but they havent lost their identity one iota. "his mama called him Rovi; I'm gonna call him Rovi".

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
So..Rovi no longer exists? I think Rovi knows it will be around long after Tivo and sees no benefit to pushing the logo.
For a company that changed their name, Rovi has a Facebook page with no mention of the word Tivo. LinkedIn and Twitter and "contact us:" are all Rovi addresses. I know they changed thier name but they havent lost their identity one iota. "his mama called him Rovi; I'm gonna call him Rovi".
Do Facebook pages ever really go away? :) When corporations change their names they don't get rid of their former presence immediately (and sometime never).

http:\\www.rovicorp.com takes you to Digital Entertainment Technology | TiVo now.

Scott

·
Steve W. Jackson
209 Posts
I see. I don't care so much about the fugly menu colors, but the broken closed-captions is a real problem.
I've seen no issues with my closed captioning. I rely on it because of hearing loss and it's just like it's always been since the update.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I see. I don't care so much about the fugly menu colors, but the broken closed-captions is a real problem.
I'm the opposite because the new colors, for some unknown reason, actually hurt ,y eyes. Does anyone remember the startup procedure (the one that lets you run disk tests, etc.) that can (or can't) revert a software update? This is really bad.

Reactions: PCurry57
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.