TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Directv Rec /w Tivo for the last year and have been very happy. (Except that my phone service is Vonage). I recently upgraded my hard drive using instacake (awesome). I would love to upgrade my Tivo using Galleon which looks awesome but from reading into it you need software version 7.2. I have 3.1.1.e on mine now. What is the main differance between 3.1 vs 6.2 7.2. I am just confused on what each software version will do when it comes to upgrading my tivo. Will PTV Upgrade ever come out with an upgrade to 7.2. Any thoughts would be appreciated..........

· DTV + Tvio = ;-)
766 Posts
3.1.1e slower, no folders, can record music channels via wishlists
6.2 faster, folders & can be hacked for most of what 7.2 does..."zipper" (uh, hem)
7.2 current for SA Tivos, has MRV & Tivoweb (can do recording over the internet).

· Registered
7 Posts
I have 6.2 dtv and had the music & pictures working with desktop 2.1 version running. I updated to desktop 2.2 and can not get the music and pictures working. Tivo says the pc server for the music and pictures is not running- I have check and updated the ip address and still nothing. Any suggestions??? Tks

Buddy

· Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply- what is the xp services? I am showing this on on my tivo client
Telneting to the TIVO...
Connecting to '192.168xxxxxxx

Connected...
We got '6.2TiVo/var/tmp$ ' which is the prompt!
6.2TiVo/var/tmp$ /usr/tytools/tserver
Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
Waiting for an incoming connection!
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
fsid=316189 has no StreamFileSize attribute
Waiting for an incoming connection!

tivowebplus is up and running
TivoWebPlus Project - v1.2

Main Menu Channel Prefs HackMan Info Logos Logs Mail Merge MFS MRV Setup Net Config Folders Search Theme User Interface What's On Restart
Any other suggestion to get the desktop muisc and pictures running?

Tks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.