TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to TiVo support V8 is coming to fix the "pause points not working from the all-shows list" issue and others. They said the release date is unknown, but they are working on it. Perhaps we post here when we first see it!

·
TiVo Fanatic
798 Posts
Hopefully it fixes the unresponsive remote control issue I have with my Edge that requires a power cycle of the TiVo Edge (not the remote) to get it working. Clearly something is going on with the RF unit in the Edge.

On another note, my confidence in TiVo being around for a few more years is getting less and less by the day. With my family switching more toward subscribing to streaming services (Paramount+ and Showtime combo, HBO Max, Peacock, etc.), I suspect my need for TiVo will disappear in the future. Sad because I love TiVo. I just don't find myself being a traditional cable TV subscriber for much longer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree, would be nice if they actually offered some innovation vs maintenance only updates. I miss seeing messages about new features and functionality back in the day. Too bad they don't integrate into streaming with Android TV, seems like a missed opportunity for OTA and sports lovers where streaming still has a ways to go in my experience. The writing is on the wall.

I did notice that they updated the web interface for TiVo accounts, looks much better and cleaner. I am sure this is what caused the outage last year for many of us as they migrated accounts.

My Online.tivo.com isn't working for one of my devices now either and they don't know why, it partially works which is frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to TiVo support V8 is coming to fix the "pause points not working from the all-shows list" issue and others. They said the release date is unknown, but they are working on it. Perhaps we post here when we first see it!
OK - So I called again and the support person said V8 had bugs and is being scrapped, the next release will be V9 or 10 or whatever number they are up to and there is no timeframe. He did say it is mostly to fix the middlemind error in the app.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK - So I called again and the support person said V8 had bugs and is being scrapped, the next release will be V9 or 10 or whatever number they are up to and there is no timeframe. He did say it is mostly to fix the middlemind error in the app.
I just got v9 today. Is there anyway to get a list of changes in this release?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts