TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tivo is pretty empty these days, or it's filled with nothing I want to watch.

Reccomend some shows to me- comedy, drama, specials, I don't care.

Something that's in the guide now, that I can record.

What's good on TV these days?

·
Coming and going
2,824 Posts
Couple interesting shows I have come across:

"Random 1" I believe A&E -- follows two guys that try and make a difference in someones life they meet on the street

"Icons" on G4 --- short 1/2 hour shows on different Icons of the computer and video game industry

I have started recording the "24" series since they re-aired them but have not gotten to them yet.

Thats really all I can think of now... I have a hard time around this time once all my normal season shows come to an end.

·
I'm back!
36,141 Posts
Here's something I noticed the other day - not sure whether it's a new feature but it was new to me.

On the Now Playing list, bring up the Program screen for a program you like, and press Info on the remote. At the bottom of the Program Details window is a category titled "Similar Programs." You could review those lists if you're feeling lucky.

·
Premium Member
46,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dirtypacman said:
Couple interesting shows I have come across:

"Random 1" I believe A&E -- follows two guys that try and make a difference in someones life they meet on the street

"Icons" on G4 --- short 1/2 hour shows on different Icons of the computer and video game industry

I have started recording the "24" series since they re-aired them but have not gotten to them yet.

Thats really all I can think of now... I have a hard time around this time once all my normal season shows come to an end.
Random 1 scheduled.

I don't think I get G4.

·
Banned
609 Posts
these are my Season Passes:

WWE Monday Night RAW
Charmed
Veronica Mars
Live With Regis and Kelly
Strong Medicine
Desperate Housewives
Missing
THE SIMPSONS
Hope & Faith
Grey's Anatomy
Ghost Whisperer
FAMILY GUY
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT
My Name Is Earl
American Dad
Everybody Hates Chris
Kitchen Confidential
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
George Lopez
Malcolm in the Middle
20/20
MythBusters
Surface
Close to Home
The Colbert Report
Three Wishes
Naked Science
Reno 911!
Late Show With David Letterman
The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
Call for Help
SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH
South of Nowhere
DEGRASSI
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart

·
Fat, Dumb and Happy
3,796 Posts
KeithJMc said:
I like finding things out of the ordinary. My recommendation would be Seconds from Disaster on National Geographic Channel. One hour show that disects the secquence of events that leads to bad things happening.
We recently started on that one too. Pretty cool show, especially when they talk about disasters you haven't heard of before.

·
Don't stop believin'
19,939 Posts
How can I tell if you've heard of them or not unless I say what I'm watching?

My must-watch list:
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • NCIS
  • Gilmore Girls (catching up with the repeats on ABCFAM)

Other stuff:
I see a Firefly marathon is coming up on Sci-Fi Channel.

We're enjoying E-Force (probably not as much interest to you since you are down that way and see Florida all the time ;) )

Also watching:
CSI (the original) -- can't wait for the new 'Lady Heather' episode
The West Wing
other stuff hardly worth mentioning (CSI:NY, Desperate Housewives, Bones)

Jan

·
Premium Member
46,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
murgatroyd said:
How can I tell if you've heard of them or not unless I say what I'm watching?

Jan
If every episosde has a thread here, or if it's on Network TV, or if it's in the Neilsen top 20, or there are articles in Entertainment Weekly, I've heard of it.

·
Old Man Vicious
17,073 Posts
If you have DirecTV, the current FreeView offerings are pretty good. U2 on the Vertigo tour and Collective Soul with The Atlanta Youth Symphony Orchestra.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.