TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Wow Tivo is the best
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got hired as a Directv intsaller and I have to go and train for a week....i cant wait....

·
I am Groot!
61,776 Posts
So...does the lobotomy come before or after orientation? :D

But seriously, congrats.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats!!

You will find out it's not an easy job.

Home runs are a pain.
Line of sight is a pain.
Brick and stone are a pain.
Home runs under a floor Big pain.

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everybody,i'm 20 And Want To Start My Carrier With Comcast Or Directv Installer. I Did Call To Directv ,they Tell Me To Became A Contractor I Should Had Certification Or Experience! Could Anybody Tell Me How I Can Get This Experience Or Certification ,thanks For Understanding.
Tradecarter :)

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
TRADECARTER said:
Hi Everybody,i'm 20 And Want To Start My Carrier With Comcast Or Directv Installer. I Did Call To Directv ,they Tell Me To Became A Contractor I Should Had Certification Or Experience! Could Anybody Tell Me How I Can Get This Experience Or Certification ,thanks For Understanding.
Call all the local install companies and apply as a helper. Watch everything and learn and you are on your way.

·
Registered
674 Posts
TRADECARTER said:
Stay in school. Learn to spell. :)
Reading are good to.

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
Have fun doing the installs! I'd recommend you read around here to see what mistakes are made by other installers and avoid them.

Also might help to know a bit about the technology you are installing. The last 2 installers I have had experience with did not know much except how to do the install and call to activate.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Throw away your wristwatch. Installers do not have any need to know what time of day it is.

·
I am Groot!
61,776 Posts
Rocketslc said:
Throw away your wristwatch. Installers do not have any need to know what time of day it is.
Not true at all. If they have no idea what time it is, than statistically they would have to be on time (by accident) a certain percentage of the time. To achieve their perfect off-time record, they have to have a very keen awareness of what time it is.

·
DirecTV Addict
430 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
Call all the local install companies and apply as a helper. Watch everything and learn and you are on your way.
This is called apprenticeship, and has a long standing history. :)

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,082 Posts
...and he's probably too busy pooping!! ;)

·
Wow Tivo is the best
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i am still an installer, not for premier though...we are all out of jobs...hahah

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
so give us some good stories. :)

Like working 8 hours to complete a job you get paid 50 bucks for and having a customer yelling at you.

and are you aware of the tuner 2 problem on the hr20 with the 110 (which will be moot soon anyway)

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah i am still an installer, not for premier though...we are all out of jobs...hahah
Actually, it would be cool to hear some stories....Like crazy people you havbe met out there installing DTV at their houses, the way some people live, etc...

Give us some of your best...top 5...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts