TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

· Premium Member
16,930 Posts
Yuppers! Skippity skip. This is my favorite thing that Tivo has brought me.

'Quick Mode' is another one. I don't do well with slow-talking and sometimes it's such a relief to put a show on quick mode. Not only does it make it easier to listen to them but, instead of about 42 minutes, I get through a one-hour HD show in about 31 minutes. :D

· Registered
4,187 Posts
That’s what skip is made for.
She was never getting watched by me either way, but the disappointment is it takes away an opportunity for them to have somebody else whom I might want to watch.

Two years ago Jack White was a last minute replacement for some country singer and it turned out to be the best musical performance of that season, but Lizzo was just overexposed on SNL earlier this year.

· Registered
4,315 Posts

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Everyone leaves eventually, except Kenan.
I like Kenan and I don't have an issue with him being there, or think that he needs to leave. Even though he's not very versatile when it comes to impressions and such, it's still good to see him in a sketch.

With all that said, if I were him, I think I'd want to wrap it up at SNL and head for other challenges. Just because Lorne Michaels hasn't fired you, it doesn't mean you can't leave on your own. He's essentially become what John Ratzenberger was to Pixar. But finally, after 22 films, Pixar said enough is enough. No more casting him just because we always have.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
I like Kenan and I don't have an issue with him being there, or think that he needs to leave. Even though he's not very versatile when it comes to impressions and such, it's still good to see him in a sketch.

With all that said, if I were him, I think I'd want to wrap it up at SNL and head for other challenges. Just because Lorne Michaels hasn't fired you, it doesn't mean you can't leave on your own. He's essentially become what John Ratzenberger was to Pixar. But finally, after 22 films, Pixar said enough is enough. No more casting him just because we always have.
Kenan is smart to stay, as I don't think his career would really go anywhere if he left (maybe do some TV ads?). He has his show which didn't last too long and like you said, he' just not that versatile. Every one of his characters feels to be exactly the same. Maybe he can get a part playing that character. Anyway, if I'm him, I'm staying as long as possible.

· Registered
4,315 Posts
Kenan is smart to stay, as I don't think his career would really go anywhere if he left (maybe do some TV ads?). He has his show which didn't last too long and like you said, he' just not that versatile. Every one of his characters feels to be exactly the same. Maybe he can get a part playing that character. Anyway, if I'm him, I'm staying as long as possible.
He's good on this show. I thought his show was terrible.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,060 Posts
DIdn't realize Cecily was the longest-tenured female cast member in SNL history. She was always one of my favorites, but she didn't make nearly as big of a mark as many other female cast members.

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
DIdn't realize Cecily was the longest-tenured female cast member in SNL history. She was always one of my favorites, but she didn't make nearly as big of a mark as many other female cast members.
You're right. But it's always been a weird thing with the most talented women on SNL, especially after they left the show. None of them matched the long list of guys who had much success after the show.

I say none, but then of course there is Julia Louis-Dreyfus. But her time on the show was only a few seasons and she didn't exit the show a star. Most people who enjoyed all her successful later shows are usually surprised she was even on SNL.

· Cat God
17,533 Posts
You're right. But it's always been a weird thing with the most talented women on SNL, especially after they left the show. None of them matched the long list of guys who had much success after the show.
Besides Julia Louis-Dreyfus, there’s Tina Fey who went on to 30 Rock. There’s also Janeane Garofalo and Kate McKinnon to name a few more.

A lot of the men who left the show didn’t have much success either. I remember after Jon Lovitz left, he’d periodically just be shown hanging out backstage from time to time. The running gag was having Lorne talking to him and asking didn’t he leave the show the prior season.

Here’s the list of SNL alumni.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts