TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 164 Posts

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,535 Posts
Finally, a comedian is hosting. About time

View attachment 76491
I had to look up who Steve Lacy was, and it seems I might like his music. That'll be a change. While I'm not an Amy Schumer fan per se, she's usually pretty good. The potential for a good show is there, which is really needed.

· Premium Member
11,086 Posts
It just worked out that way. It was time for SNL's usual break after a number shows in a row. The same with the late night shows. They all seem to take the same week off after 3 or 4 weeks in a row of producing new shows. A couple times a year they'll take 2 weeks off.
Yea but the 2 week deals usually are around major holidays. I don't think I can previously remember such a synchronization of people taking the week off when there was no holiday and it was not during the summer.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,043 Posts
Yea but the 2 week deals usually are around major holidays. I don't think I can previously remember such a synchronization of people taking the week off when there was no holiday and it was not during the summer.
The November "sweeps" period starts tomorrow and runs for four weeks and they want to air new episodes during that period, so last week was the logical break between the beginning of the TV season and Thanksgiving. It's pretty common every year for shows to take a week off before sweeps.

· Premium Member
11,086 Posts
The November "sweeps" period starts tomorrow and runs for four weeks and they want to air new episodes during that period, so last week was the logical break between the beginning of the TV season and Thanksgiving. It's pretty common every year for shows to take a week off before sweeps.
That makes sense!

· With an "L"
4,080 Posts
The thread for the Jack Harlow epsiode, if you're like me and a certain setting is keeping it from showing up in your feed:

· Registered
4,296 Posts

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Because he's Harley. Any music written or recorded after 1957 is garbage in his book.
That is true for Christmas music. Actually, anything that sounds like it was recorded after 1957, for music in general or Christmas music because a lot of artists have made really good recordings of older songs, like Michael Buble, Linda Ronstadt and even Rod Stewart.

61 - 80 of 164 Posts