TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Kenan will also still be there.
I watched him last night and, yes, I guess he's still good. I'm still remembering how bad I thought his sitcom was.
They’ll just get new cast members. It’s what they’ve been doing for nearly 50 years.
And will any of them be any good?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I saw Yang on the Emmys last night. I can't talk on this part of the site about what he said, but I wonder if it's true or was he just being funny? It's not generally true on the show.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,863 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts

Seven exits, four replacements. Still seems like a huge cast. I was thinking they might add only one or two.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I wish Chrissy Metz could join the cast. She was on "Password" last night and she did great impressions of a crying baby, a dolphin, a shallow social media obsessed teen and someone from the South.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
I wish Chrissy Metz could join the cast. She was on "Password" last night and she did great impressions of a crying baby, a dolphin, a shallow social media obsessed teen and someone from the South.
Why would she be interested in that? She's an established actress who just finished a long run as a regular on a very successful broadcast drama. SNL usually casts relatively young, unknown talents and then once they make a name for themselves, they usually leave to try other things. I think most in the entertainment industry would consider going from a regular on a broadcast show to being a rookie on SNL to be a step backward in their career.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Why would she be interested in that? She's an established actress who just finished a long run as a regular on a very successful broadcast drama. SNL usually casts relatively young, unknown talents and then once they make a name for themselves, they usually leave to try other things. I think most in the entertainment industry would consider going from a regular on a broadcast show to being a rookie on SNL to be a step backward in their career.
Exactly. I know how the show works. I'm just saying I wish she could show her talent there.

One way to do it would be by hosting, but again, is there a good reason for her to?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Host and musical guest announced for 3rd show (the same person). I can't say that I listen to her music or know that much about her. I felt the same way last season with Lizzo but I thought she did a decent job.

Still, it's going to be strange with so many cast members gone from last season. I think it's up to 8 now with Chris Redd not coming back.

Handwriting Post-it note Rectangle Font Tints and shades

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You didn't mention who the hosts/musical guests are for the first two weeks:

Oct. 1: Miles Teller/Kendrick Lamar
Oct. 8: Brendan Gleeson/Willow Smith
You are correct. And with the three shows mentioned, it's not exactly a powerhouse of comedy we can look forward to. But I've learned that sometimes you can be surprised. I didn't know what to expect with Eli Manning, but he ended up being one of my faves.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
Brendan Gleeson is good. Thirteen returning cast members is still more than the entire size of the cast during much of SNL's early life. That's still a lot of familiarity. It will be fine.
Maybe the opening credits will no longer be so long I can go out for a walk and come back and they are still running!! (I actually watch this recorded and skip the credits, but you get my drift). I always wondered why they needed such a big cast. I guess there's a lot of long costume changes!!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I do notice the ad breaks are much longer these days. They often go to an ad break, come back, show them working on the set and then go to another break.
I enjoy that behind the scenes stuff and I've mentioned I like the music the band plays during the breaks which we don't get to see.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
I enjoy that behind the scenes stuff and I've mentioned I like the music the band plays during the breaks which we don't get to see.
It's fine, but what we are actually gettting is about 6-7 minutes of ads, with about a 10 second "behind the scenes" interlude. I'm glad I record and watch so I get to skip this most often.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
It's fine, but what we are actually gettting is about 6-7 minutes of ads, with about a 10 second "behind the scenes" interlude. I'm glad I record and watch so I get to skip this most often.
I don't notice since I am fast-forwarding. I stop to see commercials that interest me.

The only time I am subjected to long commercial breaks is on vacation, but since I don't have cable (in the sense the channels are not available over the air) I watch those channels in motels and a lot of the commercials are not ones I have seen at home.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts