TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread for new season. Starting off with this story about 3 others not returning. I had an inkling that Aristotle Athari wouldn't be back, but thought the other cast members leaving might have given him some job security. He just wasn't used much, and that's when you know a newbie is in trouble.

I'll miss the other two, especially Moffat.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Host and musical guest announced for 3rd show (the same person). I can't say that I listen to her music or know that much about her. I felt the same way last season with Lizzo but I thought she did a decent job.

Still, it's going to be strange with so many cast members gone from last season. I think it's up to 8 now with Chris Redd not coming back.

Handwriting Post-it note Rectangle Font Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You didn't mention who the hosts/musical guests are for the first two weeks:

Oct. 1: Miles Teller/Kendrick Lamar
Oct. 8: Brendan Gleeson/Willow Smith
You are correct. And with the three shows mentioned, it's not exactly a powerhouse of comedy we can look forward to. But I've learned that sometimes you can be surprised. I didn't know what to expect with Eli Manning, but he ended up being one of my faves.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Anybody know why all the live shows were on hiatus this last week? All the late night shows including SNL were off, Maher, and Oliver are off, and even some of the news people on MSNBC had the week off.
There are no holidays that I know of.
It just worked out that way. It was time for SNL's usual break after a number shows in a row. The same with the late night shows. They all seem to take the same week off after 3 or 4 weeks in a row of producing new shows. A couple times a year they'll take 2 weeks off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts