TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Aw this news stinks. Moffat and Villasenor were great.
I found out I had not watched a bunch of episodes of the Henry Louis Gates genealogy program. I was watching the stories of two people I didn't know or care about when they showed Villasenor's name at the bottom of the screen. Her episode was next in my list of recordings so I watched it last night.

Her family was quite supportive of her career choice and it took her years of trying to finally get on the show.

One of her ancestors was a Spaniard who played a major role in silver mining in Mexico but of course this involved enslaving and killing the natives.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yang and Cecily and the two news anchors will still be there. But I can't imagine the show's going to be that good with so few people left that have been around a while.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
They've been saying that since 1980.
I started watching each week when the prime time reruns began in 2013, and Armisen, Hader and Vanessa were there then. I don't even remember when Aidy joined. And whether I like her or not, Kate did such great characters. And now Beck and Alex are gone too.

So it really seems hard to imagine what it's going to be like.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Kenan will also still be there.
I watched him last night and, yes, I guess he's still good. I'm still remembering how bad I thought his sitcom was.
They’ll just get new cast members. It’s what they’ve been doing for nearly 50 years.
And will any of them be any good?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I saw Yang on the Emmys last night. I can't talk on this part of the site about what he said, but I wonder if it's true or was he just being funny? It's not generally true on the show.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I wish Chrissy Metz could join the cast. She was on "Password" last night and she did great impressions of a crying baby, a dolphin, a shallow social media obsessed teen and someone from the South.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Why would she be interested in that? She's an established actress who just finished a long run as a regular on a very successful broadcast drama. SNL usually casts relatively young, unknown talents and then once they make a name for themselves, they usually leave to try other things. I think most in the entertainment industry would consider going from a regular on a broadcast show to being a rookie on SNL to be a step backward in their career.
Exactly. I know how the show works. I'm just saying I wish she could show her talent there.

One way to do it would be by hosting, but again, is there a good reason for her to?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Vanessa was on The Emmys as a presenter. I think she may have been sitting with the SNL cast.

I wish she could come back.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I do notice the ad breaks are much longer these days. They often go to an ad break, come back, show them working on the set and then go to another break.
I enjoy that behind the scenes stuff and I've mentioned I like the music the band plays during the breaks which we don't get to see.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
It's fine, but what we are actually gettting is about 6-7 minutes of ads, with about a 10 second "behind the scenes" interlude. I'm glad I record and watch so I get to skip this most often.
I don't notice since I am fast-forwarding. I stop to see commercials that interest me.

The only time I am subjected to long commercial breaks is on vacation, but since I don't have cable (in the sense the channels are not available over the air) I watch those channels in motels and a lot of the commercials are not ones I have seen at home.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts