TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread for new season. Starting off with this story about 3 others not returning. I had an inkling that Aristotle Athari wouldn't be back, but thought the other cast members leaving might have given him some job security. He just wasn't used much, and that's when you know a newbie is in trouble.

I'll miss the other two, especially Moffat.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Aw this news stinks. Moffat and Villasenor were great.
I found out I had not watched a bunch of episodes of the Henry Louis Gates genealogy program. I was watching the stories of two people I didn't know or care about when they showed Villasenor's name at the bottom of the screen. Her episode was next in my list of recordings so I watched it last night.

Her family was quite supportive of her career choice and it took her years of trying to finally get on the show.

One of her ancestors was a Spaniard who played a major role in silver mining in Mexico but of course this involved enslaving and killing the natives.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Yang and Cecily and the two news anchors will still be there. But I can't imagine the show's going to be that good with so few people left that have been around a while.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
They've been saying that since 1980.
I started watching each week when the prime time reruns began in 2013, and Armisen, Hader and Vanessa were there then. I don't even remember when Aidy joined. And whether I like her or not, Kate did such great characters. And now Beck and Alex are gone too.

So it really seems hard to imagine what it's going to be like.

·
Premium Member
11,046 Posts
They almost always start the season in October. Starting October 1 is a gift from past experience.

Reactions: thewebgal
1 - 20 of 56 Posts