TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first 4 shows have their hosts and musical guests. No word yet on the regular cast line up.

As someone who tries to avoid everything Kardashian, I wasn't thrilled to see the 3rd week's host. Oh well.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I liked Kacey Musgraves. I don't know who the others are. I can't remember but I might like Brandi Carlile.

Rami Malek should sing. Or did he not do his own singing?

· Registered
4,027 Posts
I think it was here at TCF a few years ago where someone said a sign of getting old is never recognizing SNL musical guests.

Halsey is the only name I even vaguely recognize. I don't know if that's a group, a guy, or a girl.

I recognize all the hosts except number 3. Coincidentally, I was re-watching Meet the Parents last night, which Owen Wilson is in.

· Meh.
41,566 Posts
I think it was here at TCF a few years ago where someone said a sign of getting old is never recognizing SNL musical guests.
I got a chuckle out of this. I watch Stephen Colbert every night and I have no idea who the night's musical guest is about 95% of the time.

I'm pretty sure that the Oct 9 show will probably be just a Weekend Update episode for me.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,043 Posts
Excited to see Jason Sudeikis is hosting. He was always one of my favorites. If Kenan is still back this year, I hope they can get Hader to come and then do another rendition of "What Up With That?" I always loved Sudeikis' dancing tracksuit guy in that sketch.

Is Kim Kardashian still using the West last name even though she's no longer with Kanye? I'm guessing the divorce isn't final yet, but I'd think she'd want to stop using that last name ASAP.

Rami Malek may have done some of the vocals for Bohemian Rhapsody, but he doesn't have his own music to sing and promote, so just because he's capable of singing doesn't mean he should be the musical guest.

· Premium Member
16,925 Posts
Sometimes the woman will keep the last name when she has kids, so that the kids won't have a different last name than she. I don't know if that's the case here, but it is something that has come to mind for me.

I'm older and I don't know a lot of the musical guests who appear on talk/comedy/etc shows so I often FF through them. I'm an 'old rock' girl, so I don't really hear much new stuff that I like.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excited to see Jason Sudeikis is hosting. He was always one of my favorites. If Kenan is still back this year, I hope they can get Hader to come and then do another rendition of "What Up With That?" I always loved Sudeikis' dancing tracksuit guy in that sketch.
They haven't done that sketch in forever. It was fun.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DJ Super Soak hasn't made an appearance in 9 years. That might require getting Nasim Predad for a Lil' Blaster cameo.
Ah Nasim, talented and beautiful. Although recent talk show appearances have revealed she's messing around with her face (Botox and or fillers). She's genetically gifted. She should leave well enough alone.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,539 Posts
Sometimes the woman will keep the last name when she has kids, so that the kids won't have a different last name than she. I don't know if that's the case here, but it is something that has come to mind for me.

I'm older and I don't know a lot of the musical guests who appear on talk/comedy/etc shows so I often FF through them. I'm an 'old rock' girl, so I don't really hear much new stuff that I like.
I usually give some of the new musical guests a shot, unless I know it's going to be hip hop, then I just skip. Halsey for example is someone I've watched when she's on and she's pretty decent. But there's no way I'm going to sit through an act called Young Thug. It's pretty obvious what the act is, so unless someone convinces me that's not a hip hop act, I'll pass. It also helps to have a 20 something daughter who knows these acts and can tell me who they are.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.