TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
When I get through on the computer I'll go watch but once I get off the computer I don't come back until the next day.

Never heard of either of these people.
Sometimes those are the best. I liked the host but a lot of the sketches fell short.

·
Cat God
17,251 Posts
The cold open was great. It was just the other day that I was thinking Omicron started spiking when Spider-Man came out and they turned that into an entire skit.

The Elmo bit during weekend update was the highlight of the show. The rest was mostly forgettable.
I thought the Elmo bit was fairly stupid, but then I missed the meme it was copying. I say copying and not spoofing because from what I can tell it was basically the same thing.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked the music in "West Side Story" and "The Sound of Music" so I at least liked where those songs or something like them were being performed. Also on the subject of music, the show's band was performing when the musical guest was shown on screen during the commercial break, and I liked that music. I saw no reason to watch the musical guest.

I also liked Weekend Update.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,601 Posts
I thought the show was pretty bad, but I really liked the musical guest. I thought he had a Springsteen vibe and I come to realize that the lead singer was the one who recently did a collaboration with Bruce on the song "Chinatown". But I really loved that first song!! I guess we were due for a bad show and hopefully this was the one bad one for awhile.

·
Premium Member
5,245 Posts
I thought the show was pretty bad, but I really liked the musical guest. I thought he had a Springsteen vibe and I come to realize that the lead singer was the one who recently did a collaboration with Bruce on the song "Chinatown". But I really loved that first song!!
Jack Antonoff is super talented. I think this is one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard ...

·
J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets
269 Posts
The musical guest performances by Bleachers was the best part of the show and some of the best musical performances on SNL in some time. Especially so when you realize that they were a last minute substitution (Covid) AND half the band members were even more last minute sit-ins (including Blu DeTiger and Jack's father!) (more Covid).

Jeff

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was a skit about a winter formal. The best thing about that was the photo of the girls wearing dresses. But how could they be wearing those dresses to a WINTER formal?

Also, I liked Kate's outfit in another skit, mainly her jacket.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I watched the prime time episode last night and I was reminded the clock was off (the one they show as the host enters). I recorded the show at its normal time so the clock would have had to be running fast. While last night I have to assume the episode got a late start, because the clock was 30 minutes off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts