TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Series 3
32,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many times now has Lex been shot this season?

And some people should be happy that the Sheriff got offed.
And I'm not sure that a Panic room is my idea of better security.

I found the Clark/Lana/Lex triangle rather ehhhhh.
Jonathan Kent's Senate races was more interesting.

Anyone catch the demolished red pickup in the background at the Kent farm?

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,191 Posts
One of the first times the Sheriff actually behaved nicely towards Clark and she gets killed.

The whole storyline in this episode struck me as a bit off. Even in the context of the Smallville/Superman universe, I thought it really lame and stupid.

·
Premium Member
23,108 Posts
And many spoilers in the previews, especially adding the guide data description with it. Looks like quite the pivotal episode, though.

·
Lost
392 Posts
Peter000 said:
And many spoilers in the previews, especially adding the guide data description with it. Looks like quite the pivotal episode, though.
Yeah, a ton of spoilers...

The one frustrating thing in this whole show, is why Clark is so dumb in not just telling Lana.

Chloe took it fine, his other friend did too...of all people., Lana will appreciate the truth...

And I know why the writers haev to keep it this way, but it just seems to me that Clark would see how his other two friends reacted, and would realize he can just tell her...

Mike

·
Grumpy Poster
56,648 Posts
Yeah, but I think the point is that Clark can't think straight when it comes to Lana.

Such a subtle hint when Clark tells his mother how he can't imagine loving someone else someday -- and Lois walks in. Yeah, subtle. As a brick upside the head.

·
Lost
392 Posts
Graymalkin said:
Yeah, but I think the point is that Clark can't think straight when it comes to Lana.

Such a subtle hint when Clark tells his mother how he can't imagine loving someone else someday -- and Lois walks in. Yeah, subtle. As a brick upside the head.
No kidding, he said that line, i heard the car motor and I told my wife "Enter Lois..."

Sure enough...

·
Hi. What is this?
11,727 Posts
I laughed out loud when I saw the mangled truck. How many times has that thing been destroyed, only to look pristine in the next episode. It was nice to see a little realism for a change.

A Panic Room is a great idea, as long as it has a secret exit into the caves or something. Lex needs to install a BatPole in there.

Selling the "back 40"? Have we heard them mention the "back 40" before? I think we did, maybe in the first season.

As much as I was annoyed by the sheriff, I was sad to see her get offed.

·
Aluminum Falcon?!
2,045 Posts
Did anyone else notice how the blue truck they have apparently used to be one of the red ones that gets destroyed every few episodes? They didn't even bother to paint over the red in the engine bay where Jonathan was working...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
JYoung said:
Anyone catch the demolished red pickup in the background at the Kent farm?
You mean, the one that gets destroyed, then magically repaired between episodes, like Buffy Summers' house? :)

·
Custom User Title
3,694 Posts
Shakhari said:
like Buffy Summers' house?
They don't have a Xander-mechanic scooby about, though, so even less plausible. My theory - Clark uses heat vision and his hands to beat it back into shape in his spare time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chandler Mike said:
The one frustrating thing in this whole show, is why Clark is so dumb in not just telling Lana.

Chloe took it fine, his other friend did too...of all people., Lana will appreciate the truth...

And I know why the writers haev to keep it this way, but it just seems to me that Clark would see how his other two friends reacted, and would realize he can just tell her...
Clark's fear about telling Lana is well-founded. The 1st meteor shower killed her parents and ruined her life. He's afraid she will blame him. Yes for her to react that way would be somewhat irrational but it would be consistent with her character as shown so far.

·
Connoisseur
11,418 Posts
This whole episode was about lies (again, yawn), but I did get to wondering when Lana will get around to realizing that all the men in her life are unreliable louts.

·
Premium Member
23,108 Posts
kmcorbett said:
Clark's fear about telling Lana is well-founded. The 1st meteor shower killed her parents and ruined her life. He's afraid she will blame him. Yes for her to react that way would be somewhat irrational but it would be consistent with her character as shown so far.
I don't know about that. She's been friends with some meteor freaks so far, and didn't hold anything against them. She had a kryptonite necklace hanging around her neck for years for goodness sakes, I think she's come to terms with the whole thing by now. But if Clark wants ANY kind of future with her, he has to tell her. And come to grips with his fear of sex. :D

·
I am Groot!
61,689 Posts
Peter000 said:
But if Clark wants ANY kind of future with her, he has to tell her. And come to grips with his fear of sex. :D
You (and maybe Clark) should google "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex." His fears are justified! At least if Larry Niven has anything to say about it... :D

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
You (and maybe Clark) should google "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex." His fears are justified! At least if Larry Niven has anything to say about it... :D
I thought Chloe's analogies made sense though, to some extent anyway. I mean, one is not usually as in control of one's body during sex as one is while shaking hands. If I were Clark, I'd suggest to Chloe that since she knows his secret, they could run some tests - purely for the sake of science, of course - in case his fears are justified, he wouldn't have to explain anything to Lana. That's what friends do for each other, right?

·
Registered
35,612 Posts
She very well might NOT take it well. Being lied to all these years and not being trusted. Plus her parents were killed in the metor storm that was used to shield his arrival. Yes not his fault but, she may not see it that way or even agree. She may think he started / caused the metor storm (And not his father).

Chandler Mike said:
Yeah, a ton of spoilers...

Mike

·
Registered
35,612 Posts
Another story line they screwed up. The sheriff always disliked him. Now she wants him as cop? When did she start to like him?

dswallow said:
One of the first times the Sheriff actually behaved nicely towards Clark and she gets killed.

·
Hi. What is this?
11,727 Posts
jcondon said:
Another story line they screwed up. The sheriff always disliked him. Now she wants him as cop? When did she start to like him?
They had to make her likeable before they killed her... otherwise we wouldn't have cared.

Has anyone seen the commercials for the next episode? They're different from the previews:

either they're giving away who dies, or there is some major misdirection going on

1 - 20 of 33 Posts