TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my Series 3 replaced due to chronic crashing/green screens (several times a day). The one that arrived to replace mine looked to be new so far as I could tell. I have noticed that when I use the now playing list and choose any title I get such a delay that I wonder if it is ever gonna start up.

My other one didn't do this and if it did, it wouldn't ever start up - and of course it wound up failing. Any one else seeing ths? I almost didn't hook up my external hard drive (Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750mb) thinking using an external drive prematurely (before official release) might be a part of the problem. Now I'm wondering the samething again.

BTW - once I go through the menu and press PLAY, it takes about 8 seconds to actually proceed to playing a video.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still slow as crap starting up most programs from the Now Playing List. 3 days out from starting the TiVo up. Processing shouldn't be a problem at this point.

Any other suggestions or experience with this issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.