TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any ideas on how to hook up a classic slingbox to a 652160 (the new tivo hd)?
--
Alan :D

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, i wasn't explicit enough. there is only one a/v output on a 652 (or svideo) and no rf output.
--

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rodalpho said:
What? It has s-video, component, composite, and HDMI outputs. Use the s-video for your slingbox and the component or HDMI for the TV.
again, i wasn't specific enough. sorry. i don't have an hd tv, so there is no hdmi or component input to use.
-

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
The classic Slingbox, has both S-Video in and S-Video out. So....

Take an S-video OUT of the Tivo... INTO the slingbox, OUT of the slingbox and INTO the TV.

Same with the Stereo audio... out of the Tivo, into the slingbox, out of the slingbox into yoru TV or Stereo.

TexasGrillChef

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
alansplace said:
again, i wasn't specific enough. sorry. i don't have an hd tv, so there is no hdmi or component input to use.
-
try a splitter on the audio and then composite to slingbox and s-video to TV

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZeoTiVo said:
so, in your experience plugging into the s-video doesn't disable the composite output? somehow i thought i remembered that it did.
--

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TexasGrillChef said:

Take an S-video OUT of the Tivo... INTO the slingbox, OUT of the slingbox and INTO the TV.

Same with the Stereo audio... out of the Tivo, into the slingbox, out of the slingbox into yoru TV or Stereo.

TexasGrillChef
hmmmm....that sounds like a really good idea. i'll try it!!
--

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
alansplace said:
so, in your experience plugging into the s-video doesn't disable the composite output? somehow i thought i remembered that it did.
--
one does not disable the other.

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZeoTiVo said:
thanks!! it worked like a champ. later (after i've purchased another 652, probably after tivo offers a lifetime upgrade) i'll have to figure out how to get a second 652 to hook up to my slingbox (my 649 is presently hooked up via the rf)!
--

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TexasGrillChef said:

TexasGrillChef
i tried zeo's suggestion first and it worked great, so i never tried out your method, sorry. thanks for the suggestion though!!
--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.