• Sleeper Cell is better

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • the same

Votes: 6 11.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
God bless Texas :)
6,439 Posts
I thought Sleeper Cell was better until the finale, which was kinda flat. The premise of sleeper cell is/was more realistic to me, with 24 being too compressed to actually have what happens happen, and too much 'gee whiz' technology gooblegook that isn't realistic. Sleeper Cell was a very intriquing concept that I think took the easy road out at the end unfortunately, still better than last season's 24, IMHO.

(btw, I liked 24 and will be watching come Jan :))

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,555 Posts
Sleeper Cell was more engaging, though probably moreso because of how they scheduled the episodes than just for content. It was nice not having to ignore 11 billion different things done poorly in order to enjoy it. Sleeper Cell only took some minor liberties with technogy and transportation.

What would be an interesting change for 24 is to show the 24 hours from the other side rather than the Jack Bauer/CTU side. Maybe even do both simultaneously -- two different shows.

·
Registered
193 Posts
24 sucks. Stopped watching after the second season. I hated the daughter and some of the acting was really bad. I could give a dissortation on the bad acting and plot line. But, I will just say it is bad. First season was good and I watched. But, it went down hill from there.

Sleeper Cell rocks. It had a start and an end and the acting was good. Timely plot line. Well done showtime. First show I liked from you since Odessey 5.

·
bUU
9,953 Posts
I thought Sleeper Cell was better until the finale, which was kinda flat.
I think I know what you mean, but I think I disagree. :) I think it was a necessary aspect of the reality, that
there wasn't a big explosive pay-off at the end.
That is one aspect of '24' that makes it more like a cartoon than the realistic type of program that Sleeper Cell is.

·
RIP Misty
5,663 Posts
Never seen Sleep Cell, definately will have to check that out. I would like to take this moment though to vent on 24. As someone said above, first season was very good, second season was, in my opinion, even better. The compliments end there. I just could not (and still can't, even after borrowing it on DVD) get into season 3. I think it's just the whole concept grows old very quickly. Realisitically, is all this stuff really going to happen in the span of 24 hours? Probably not. The novelty of the "every show is one hour thing" can only go so far. The timeline just gets to unbelieveable. And that's not even mentioning the mediocre acting....oh well. Will be checking out Sleeper Cell though....

·
Registered
193 Posts
pcguru83 said:
And that's not even mentioning the mediocre acting....oh well. ....
Mediocre acting is putting it lightly. The wife, daughter and the girlfriend were terrible. The boss that died of of radiation poisoning how stupid. I cant even remember how stupid the technology things they were trying to do in CTU. Then a terriest group blowing up CTU. Oh thats ever going to happen.

They need to make it feel believable or make it a real cartoon. I think donnald duck would be a better jack. :)

·
has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
purple6816 said:
24 sucks. Stopped watching after the second season. I hated the daughter and some of the acting was really bad. I could give a dissortation on the bad acting and plot line. But, I will just say it is bad. First season was good and I watched. But, it went down hill from there.

Sleeper Cell rocks. It had a start and an end and the acting was good. Timely plot line. Well done showtime. First show I liked from you since Odessey 5.
Season 4 of 24 really "jump-started" it again to what it was in Season 1...
Hopefully Season 5 will be just as good..

In Season 4 of 24; Kim is no longer there and only mentioned by name for the sake of explaining where she was

·
Go Pats
44,199 Posts
ebonovic said:
Season 4 of 24 really "jump-started" it again to what it was in Season 1...
Hopefully Season 5 will be just as good..

In Season 4 of 24; Kim is no longer there and only mentioned by name for the sake of explaining where she was
I actually like each season more and more

I didn't like season 1 as much due to Kim and his wife just getting kidnapped over and over again

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the difference between Sleeper Cell and 24 lies in the fact that one is on a pay cable network and the other is on free TV. Sleeper Cell is more thoughtful, spends more time on character development and on plot, things that typically are poison for the mass market, free TV audience. 24, by contrast, is almost all about action and suspense. 24 needs to keep advertisers happy by capturing the eyeballs of the all-important 18-30 demographic. So believability is less important than keeping the viewer on the edge of his/her seat. Sleeper Cell is a better show by a wide margin, in my opinion.

·
bUU
9,953 Posts
24 needs to keep advertisers happy by capturing the eyeballs of the all-important 18-30 demographic.
I really don't think Sleeper Cell does any worse in that regard. Sleeper Cell isn't subject to the kind of censorship that 24 is, but beyond that, I see no reason why 24 cannot be just as good as Sleeper Cell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.