TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checed my digibox and there appears now to be an ON/OFF ability under PIN restrictions, which I have just turned off and (I think) it just managed to *not* ask for a PIN on a movie showing at 1805...

any else confirm this?

(normal sky not plus)

thanks. :)

·
Serious TiVo User
1,181 Posts
I've got "PIN on Pre-Watershed Playback" on my Sky+ box - this has always been OFF (as have all the other settings) but all this does is stop Sky+ from asking for PIN details while playing back off its hard drive. Nothing I can do stops the PIN request on pre-watershed live programmes. It's ironic though that you can start watching the programme within seconds of it starting and it doesn't ask for a PIN.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I found my Sky box in standby yesterday; which makes me think that it might have been updated. However, I couldn't spot anything different in the menus, and I no longer have a subscription with which to test the movie channels.

·
Ex TiVo User
4,184 Posts
With Sky HD you have to wait for the recording to complete before it will let you watch it without it asking for a pin.

Automan.
aerialplug said:
I've got "PIN on Pre-Watershed Playback" on my Sky+ box - this has always been OFF (as have all the other settings) but all this does is stop Sky+ from asking for PIN details while playing back off its hard drive. Nothing I can do stops the PIN request on pre-watershed live programmes. It's ironic though that you can start watching the programme within seconds of it starting and it doesn't ask for a PIN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts