TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
ozsat said:
In general - you will only get PIN problems if you have set some sort of 'parental control' on you Digibox.
Sky enabled them with the last update, even if you don't want them. It doesn't matter if you have been into parental controls and changed settings or not. It is well documented on DigitalSpy. Sky have delayed any "fix" (to turn them completely off again if you want) until around April.

·
Registered
57 Posts
cwaring said:
I assume you're speaking from experience? :D So it doesn't change to the last four digits of the NEW card? I don't have Sky so I don't know for certain but, as far as I know, the card is tied to the box (much like cable is) so it might work like that. Of course, it also might not ;):)
Yes but I made a note of it when I swapped cards :p It does not automatically change to the last four digits of the new card (you may have already changed it).

This caused a lot of hassle for Sky when they introduced the mandatory PIN system. I read they put a recorded message onto the call centre queue to explain you could try the last four digits of your original viewing card :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
goldrood said:
I had the same problem, threatened to cancel my subscription sky downloaded a fix no longer need to insert pin
How's that possible? Are you saying they downloaded a custom version of the software just to your box? I would suspect this would prevent you from getting any further software updates such as the one due next week?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.