TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
I understand that the Digibox will always ask for a PIN for a 18 film showing before 10pm - although there are not many.

However, I understand that from next month there will be two film channels carrying PIN protected programming from around 5pm.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Yep.

By default - it should be that if the user has not done anything at all to 'parental controls' then they are not used at all. But any changes at all trigger the PIN.

But the default they opted for is PIN is active whatever the users wants.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
In general - you will only get PIN problems if you have set some sort of 'parental control' on you Digibox.

The only time a box with no parental control should ask for a PIN is an early evening 18 rated film.

But if you set almost any sort of parental control - the PIN is then common.

It is best to leave the parental control to TiVo on a TiVo controlled set-top-box.

On my TiVo controlled Digibox, I have not yet had one PIN problem - and it is quite busy overnight.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
I have not had this at all on any of my three Sky receivers - and all have the last update.

My Sky+ box does has asked for a PIN for 'other channels' since I removed 'adult channels from EPG'.

By default I think the Sky box blocks 12, 15 and 18 films - if parental control is activated.

This can be activate by doing almost anything in 'parental control' - even if you don't think you have changed anything.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
I have no problem with Sky implementing it - but once implemented it should be a PIN protected option to disable it.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
I've only got the PIN request once - and that was when I deliberatly tried to record an early film on Sky Movies 9.

I've never had it by accident on any film.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
I find my Sky+ box only asks for PINs once I set any sort of parent control - apart from the early films on SM9 and SM10.

1 - 9 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.