TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ex TiVo User
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Just added Logos to Tivo and noted box was trying to record Bull Durham on TCM.

However it is asking for the PIN to view it.

Tried playing with PIN settings but it still asks for it.

Is this a new problem or is it because I have never recorded a 18 rated movie.

Note this is a standard Sky box and not Sky+

Automan.

·
Ex TiVo User
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So unless Sky make it possible to record anything / anytime without a PIN (for homes with no children under 18) that our Tivo boxes will get stuck on the screen requesting the PIN?

That would be typical after I just spent an arm and a leg upgrading all three of my ones :)

Automan.

ozsat said:
I understand that the Digibox will always ask for a PIN for a 18 film showing before 10pm - although there are not many.

However, I understand that from next month there will be two film channels carrying PIN protected programming from around 5pm.

·
Ex TiVo User
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sky used to come out with the same crap about why no widescreen and the infamous red dot.

Customers like it...

At the DigitalSpy it is claimed to be a mistake but no fix till April 2006 :(

Automan.
furybball said:
He phoned Sky up, and apparently they told him that consumers were demanding PINs were used, and they were were reacting to public demand !! I guess the more people ring up, the better chance they will change their current policy. :confused:

·
Ex TiVo User
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Digibox I had the problem with is the one in the Kitchen.

I don't recall ever entering into the parental controls prior to this problem and in fact had to find a working sky remote to access the menus and had to pull the viewing card for the last four digts to get the pin.

The box BTW is a first generation Pace from the launch of Sky Digital.

Automan.
ozsat said:
In general - you will only get PIN problems if you have set some sort of 'parental control' on you Digibox.

The only time a box with no parental control should ask for a PIN is an early evening 18 rated film.

But if you set almost any sort of parental control - the PIN is then common.

It is best to leave the parental control to TiVo on a TiVo controlled set-top-box.

On my TiVo controlled Digibox, I have not yet had one PIN problem - and it is quite busy overnight.

·
Ex TiVo User
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The objectives behind the recent parental control enhancements were to act
responsibly as a broadcasting organisation and respond to our customers'
needs
10 customers must have asked for the feature so they applied it to 8,000,000 digiboxes :)

They never asked me....

Automan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.