TiVo Community Forum banner
1721 - 1738 of 1738 Posts

· Cheesehead
11,788 Posts
Skip just showed up for all my Sunday and Monday recordings. Someone must have rebooted a server somewhere.
Thanks! I just had my TIVos connect to the service. Nothing had Skip on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, but now everything indicates it has Skip. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, AMC. Haven't yet checked to see if it works...

Heck, even Sunday Night Football (Tennesse at KC) shows it has Skip. I didn't think live sporting events got it.

[edit] I just did a quick spot check, and Skip seems to be working perfectly for the entire recording, for SNF, 911, and Quantum Leap. (yeah, I'm a wee bit behind on my TV viewing). I'm not used to having Skip for NFL games.

· Premium Member
692 Posts
Thanks! I just had my TIVos connect to the service. Nothing had Skip on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, but now everything indicates it has Skip. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, AMC. Haven't yet checked to see if it works...

Heck, even Sunday Night Football (Tennesse at KC) shows it has Skip. I didn't think live sporting events got it.

[edit] I just did a quick spot check, and Skip seems to be working perfectly for the entire recording, for SNF, 911, and Quantum Leap. (yeah, I'm a wee bit behind on my TV viewing). I'm not used to having Skip for NFL games.
Football has had skip for a while now, usually the late game on Sunday, plus SNF. Of course, for me, skip stops working when the guide says the game is over, not when the game actually ends.

· Registered
120 Posts
How much do you think 5 days is worth?
obviously I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any compensation from the lifetime membership but even the effort might be enough to show TiVo they are doing a crappy job lately.

It's not just these 5 days of no skip. It's all the other 5 days or more over the last few years.

There are trouble shooting threads here going back years.
As other noted, I now see skip today for programs that showed none earlier

· Registered
8,338 Posts
obviously I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any compensation from the lifetime membership but even the effort might be enough to show TiVo they are doing a crappy job lately.

It's not just these 5 days of no skip. It's all the other 5 days or more over the last few years.

There are trouble shooting threads here going back years.
As other noted, I now see skip today for programs that showed none earlier
No. I doubt calling their customer service and speaking an insane idea to be compensated for a lifetime subscription because your device didn’t automatically skip commercials for a few days will have any effect at all.

· Registered
120 Posts
No. I doubt calling their customer service and speaking an insane idea to be compensated for a lifetime subscription because your device didn’t automatically skip commercials for a few days will have any effect at all.
I'm sure saying nothing and accepting ongoing bad service is the way to go. Your obvious lack of reading comprehension shows in your replies. This is a ONGOING problem. Not just any individual 5 days. This thread alone dates back years. My own posts on the same topic go back years. Eventually enough is enough. Every few months it's another prolonged lapse in skip, which has been happening for years. I don't think you'd accept if your car decided every few months to have headlights not working for days or your radio wouldn't come on without trying to get it fixed. Just because this is TiVo doesn't give a free pass making bad service ok.

· Cheesehead
11,788 Posts
I'm sure saying nothing and accepting ongoing bad service is the way to go. Your obvious lack of reading comprehension shows in your replies. This is a ONGOING problem. Not just any individual 5 days. This thread alone dates back years. My own posts on the same topic go back years. Eventually enough is enough. Every few months it's another prolonged lapse in skip, which has been happening for years. I don't think you'd accept if your car decided every few months to have headlights not working for days or your radio wouldn't come on without trying to get it fixed. Just because this is TiVo doesn't give a free pass making bad service ok.
Giood car analogy. Headlights are fundamental to being able to use a car in certain conditions. The flaky radio is not. I'd be angry about the former but merely annoyed with the latter. Skip Mode is like a flaky radio, an annoyance and slight inconvenience. Without it, I just use 30-second-skip, as I did for 10(15?) years before it existed. I do agree that it's ridiculous that TiVo repeatedly has these problems with Skip mode. Again and again. Seriously? WTF? I'm never buying another TiVo, but I'll keep using my three lifetime units as long as possible. I have a bigger problem with bad guide data, slow updates to the guide when schedule changes occur, and the inability to do anything to accomadate program shifts due to sports overruns.

fwew, it seems the latest TiVo Skip nightmare is over.
Got Skip for everything from Tue 11/08, across OTA and cable, Discovery, Bravo, Fox, and Food Network.

· Registered
8,338 Posts
That's very true. I think the Lifetime sub is really for the guide data only.
No, not at all.

It’s for guide data, technical support, hardware price subsidies, continual software updates and much more.

TiVo’s business model has always been a subscription based model. You’re not just paying for a single feature, such as guide data, or skip or even multiple features. You are subsidizing EVERYTHING that goes into maintaining the service on a 24/7 basis.

· Registered
2,172 Posts
No, not at all.

It’s for guide data, technical support, hardware price subsidies, continual software updates and much more.

TiVo’s business model has always been a subscription based model. You’re not just paying for a single feature, such as guide data, or skip or even multiple features. You are subsidizing EVERYTHING that goes into maintaining the service on a 24/7 basis.
A service plan is required as it provides updated TV guide information, ability to record programs, updates to the User Interface, provides features like OnePass, SkipMode, QuickMode, Multi-Room Streaming/Viewing with the use of our TiVo Mini, ability to stream recorded shows using other devices like tablets and mobile phones and access to streaming applications like Netflix, Prime Video and others.

· Premium Member
692 Posts
I noticed that I didn't get skip mode on any of the shows that were recorded on both Monday and Tuesday of this week. I'm not recording much now, but all the shows were on Fox and Bravo.
I did get skip on a recording of The Winchesters yesterday on the CW, but that was a rerun of an earlier episodes that I had missed.

· Premium Member
5,527 Posts
Could hardly believe it. Last night the new seasons started for The Rookie, The Rookie FBI, the 3 different FBI shows, the Resident, New Amsterdam and the new show, Will Trent. Every single one of them already had skip on them immediately after they were done recording. No skip tone, but they sure as heck auto skipped the commercials.

1721 - 1738 of 1738 Posts