TiVo Community Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1738 Posts

· Registered
8,338 Posts
Skip is a joke.
The networks are getting wise and go to a network commercial first. Skip will not work on network commercials. Then they end the break with a network commercial.
That what makes it so goofy.
Networks do not program commercials to evade the small number of commercial skippers that use TiVo.

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
Maybe not, but they do put their commercials first and skip will not work until after it is over. Then it will skip until the network placed commercial at the end.
It's a game to them
press the 30s skip key, then auto-skip will pick right up after 30s.

· Cheesehead
11,788 Posts
Once again skip decided to take a vacation for all shows recorded 6/26. This is a pretty unreliable feature.
What is almost worst to me is that several shows I watch had the first commercial skip and then none for the rest of the show.
I have Skip for all the new shows I recorded on 6/26. Great Food Truck Road Race and Beachside Brawl on Food Network, Dark Winds on AMC, Animal Kingdom on TNT, and Naked and Afraid XL x3 on Discovery (one new episode of Next Level, two new episodes of Uncensored). I haven't watched any of them yet, so don't know if Skip actually works or is accurate.

· Tivo Junkie
400 Posts
What is almost worst to me is that several shows I watch had the first commercial skip and then none for the rest of the show.
I wonder if this will ever get fixed because I've been dealing with the same thing for a few months too and it's getting annoying now.

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
I wonder if this will ever get fixed because I've been dealing with the same thing for a few months too and it's getting annoying now.
one workaround that sometimes helps me when this happens: when auto-skip stops too soon, i hit the 30s skip once (or twice) and auto-skip begins working correctly again.

· Unregistered User
327 Posts
It seems like skip is intermittently missing from prime time shows of Fox News every other day. For many weeks/months it was pretty solid, but something is now wonky.

1681 - 1700 of 1738 Posts