TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By By Debra....

She needed to go, she was going a "little" over the top with the I love skating thing...

I LOVED "Buffy's" reaction when they found out they they DIDN'T lose... "What the hell are you talking about".... That was great... I guess she did get a minor concusion (sp?) when she had her head bounced off the ice.

Overall this episode lacked something... but it was still entertaining.

I wonder if they are going to start to do longer programs, or two programs in the upcomming weeks... to span the full hour.

I do like what they did with the scores though... Erased the previous two weeks, and just judged on that single show.

And Dave is an ugly ugly ugly ugly woman

· Premium Member
11,007 Posts
I dont see why the complaints about Kristy are warranted relative to the others.

Bruce Jenneer skates like Frankenstein and Dave and Nancy are terrible.
They should go first. I cant figure out how have they gave Bruce and Tai the best scores.
At least Kristy was doing a difficult routine. Bruce and Dave just glided around.

I agree about Dave, he just seemed creepy in that outfit. I kept thinking Hairspray.

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't complaining about Kristy... I was just commenting on her confusion that she thought she was knocked out, but she wasn't... and joking that it was attributed to the fact she was "klonked" on ice.

· Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Sorry, I was reading some other boards where people were complaining about her and extrapolated a little too easily.

I agree about her comment at the end, she did seem to assume she was out. Probably because she watched the other performance and listened to the judges comments and figured she was gone.

· Makes Bathtime Fun!
134 Posts
ebonovic said:
Overall this episode lacked something... but it was still entertaining.
Whatchutalkn'bout? Of course... it lacked the STAR of the show, Willis! I know he was far from the best, but he was actually TRYING and having fun with it. I really hated seeing him and his disco fro leave before Dave.

Dave and Nancy with their stupid outfits looked like they belonged in some kids skating show like "Disney on Ice" or something. Only he would have scared all the kids! At least this time when you watched them skate you didn't get confused as to which one was doing well or which was messing up like when they had the identical Blues Brothers outfits on. And no stool on the ice this time for Dave to sit out half of the routine. Have I mentioned I would like to see them go next? Ugh!

· Registered
1,142 Posts
MisterBubble said:
Whatchutalkn'bout? Of course... it lacked the STAR of the show, Willis! I know he was far from the best, but he was actually TRYING and having fun with it.
I don't know - I think a LOT of them are trying a LOT harder than I ever would have expected. Bruce Jenner is training for this like it's the decathlon. Debbie (oops - Deborah) Gibson went from not skating to actually looking relatively comfortable on the ice. Kristy (forget her real name) was willing to do some pretty risky stunts.

I want P. Miller (of Dancing with the Stars fame) to do the next Skating With Celebrities. I bet he'd refuse to wear skates...

· Don't stop believin'
19,939 Posts
I suppose I'm the only one here who was impressed with John and Jillian's side by side spins this week.

They weren't super low to the ice, but come on, sitspins! And the spins weren't even required.

I'm hoping that they'll teach Jillian a real death spiral before the show is over. Gotta give Jenner props, however -- he didn't drop Tai and you could see the nice spiral tracing on the ice.

About Kristy's hair -- people did know that's a wig, right?

Jan

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
walkerism said:
I really do hate dave and nancy. I was hoping they would get the axe.
Wouldn't that be the lead pipe......ouch.....sorry.....it had to be said.....

· Ring Turner
15,782 Posts
I missed Jillian! I do think the skaters have improved soooo much. I too was hoping Dave and Nancy were booted. I was just impressed that Kristy's partner was able to lift her up. I've been watching a lot of Early Edition's and she looks like she's packed on a few.

· Registered
65 Posts
Kristy's team should've been out. I believe on a skating competition, if you're going to take a risk by doing a difficult move then you better nail it, otherwise, other teams who skated safely but didnt stumble would get better score. at least, that's what I've observed from watching figure skating.

but since this is an informal competition... anything goes..

· Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Not True, I have seen olympic and national sakters who have fallen win because they had the more difficult program. If you total up the points of the skills they did demonstrate vs Debbie team they clearly felt Kristy's team demo'd more.

Its not always about being clean, then again when it comes to judging its all over the place.
Can anybody explain why Bruce Jenner the Frankenstein skater get the highest score. The man looks like he is in traction head to toe. Sure he tries hard and is a nice guy but there is zero artistic skill and very minimal difficulty skill and he got the highest score, please!!!

· Don't stop believin'
19,939 Posts
Havana Brown said:
I missed Jillian! I do think the skaters have improved soooo much. I too was hoping Dave and Nancy were booted. I was just impressed that Kristy's partner was able to lift her up. I've been watching a lot of Early Edition's and she looks like she's packed on a few.
Lloyd Eisler is a very strong guy.

I saw Lloyd and Isabel at Worlds in '92 -- their throw triple-twist was amazing. He'd have enough hang time to toss Isabel up in the air, drop his hands all the way down to his waist, and then reach back up to catch her again. Breathtaking!

Note that the scoring is not entirely based not on the total difficulty of what the team is doing, but the difficulty of the skating performed by the celebrity. Okay, if one of the pros screws up, the team will probably be marked down, because they feel the pro should have been able to do the trick with no problem, but if the pro is spot-on, that's taken for granted.

If both Lloyd Eisler and John Zimmerman perform the same lift, the scoring is going to be based on how well their partner is doing. Jillian is a better skater AND much better at holding her form in the air than Kristy is, therefore she is more likely to get scored higher on both technical (because she is better at getting in and out of the lift) and artistic (because she holds a nicer shape in the air).

Even though he is skating like a truck, Jenner is getting technical credit for executing things which are not easy for beginners (e.g. the waltz jumps in week one). Sure, his 'death spiral' didn't look like much, especially compared to a pro skater who could have held the pivot in a sit position, but Tai is a tall girl and I'm sure it's hard to keep everything balanced, especially when you are a newbie and your own balance is precarious. Give Jenner credit -- if you look at the tracing he left on the ice, it's a nice spiral shape, just as it is supposed to be.

Jan

· Premium Member
11,007 Posts
I give Jenner credit but if you look at the Celebs alone, poise and comfort have to count in some fashion and the rest of them dont look like a truck/frankenstein.

However that said next time I will pay more attention to his skate lines and less of from the waist up and see if that alters my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.