Tested out RealGood on the Web and on the TiVo Stream 4K. Some notes:
- On the Web I can sort My List many different ways, including alphabetically. Plus, it has three different views (flat list, boxes, and card boxes), filtering, and all sorts of good stuff. On the Android App, it appears to be in order of most recently added or what it calls default, is only boxes, and puts the "already watched" at the end of the list instead of in its own area.
- Launching from the Web into any app (Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, TVE applications) seemed to have no real hangups. However, doing the same on the Android App was hit or miss. The main guys like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ worked well. When I tried TBS, it opened the app but just spun. When I tried Tubi, it said "Oooops, something went wrong". Other apps said I had to do it manually. It also showed things that were available for apps that are not available for Android TV (IE, Adult Swim) and the screen even said, "This app is not available for this device, you'll have to find some other way." I can't tell if I'm annoyed seeing something I can't watch or appreciate still having the single list.
- I set my option to filter out things that were not in my checked services. This worked better on Android TV where it actually did while the web kept showing me everything, even things that were only available for purchase.
- Checkboxing off watch stuff works fine for its purpose. I wish it would hide the checked ones, but this is decent workaround for the time being and something the Stream App needs ASAP. However, on the Android App the check boxes are tiny and only show up when you highlight an episode. It needs to be much more prominent to be useful.
- I have only done a smallish sample, but so far the metadata search success rate is around 70%. So better than TiVo/Rovi and TiVo/Google, but not as good as it could be. It's build on TMDB (same as JustWatch), yet there are noticeable gaps. Also, that is just being able to bookmark a show. Within a show, I have seen sporadic metadata as well. For instance, a show might just have a few random episodes from a season. Or season labeling will be wonky where one will S02 as normal, but another will be S2014 where the year stands in for season--both happening within the same show.
So overall, it's a real tossup. In one corner it will be much easier to set up RealGood because I can copy and paste title names into the search in the web and it will all transfer over. It is integrated with more apps, but a lot of them don't work (it is just pretending). The metadata has some questionable issues, more than I would expect from something built on TMDB.
On the other hand, it is much further along than the Stream app. But, if the Stream App finishes its integration into Disney+ (coming soon) and adds check boxes to watched episodes/movies, I think it will be more useful to me and meet my main needs. Plus I wouldn't need to do any button remapping and it works fine with the remote setup.
Overall, I think I'll continue setting it up and see how it comes along. I still have yet to set up the "My List" on the Stream beyond a testing programming because... yeah... typing on a remote a TV...
Realgood > JustWatch > TiVo Stream App