TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
mamosley said:
Mine gets the standard but not the hd showtime.
Strange... I get them all on my THD.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I'm getting Showtime HD and 4 or 5 SD channels on Comcast Jersey City as of this morning. Initially I dialed them in via the channel numbers posted on comcast.com's channel lineup. They were in my channel lineup in the TiVo Settings so I just put checkmarks next to them so we could avail ourselves to them as well as see them in the guide. I'm sure by Monday, I'll wind up having to uncheck them.

·
Tastes like lemons
561 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but do the cable cards support the freeviews? My thoughts are that since there is no two way communication, it wouldn't work with the cards...

·
No More TiVo :-(
12,365 Posts
Okeemike said:
This might be a dumb question, but do the cable cards support the freeviews? My thoughts are that since there is no two way communication, it wouldn't work with the cards...
Good question. I guess I figured for CableCARD customers they would just "turn on" authentication for that channel on everyone's account?

edit: I can't tune my S3 to ch 299 because it doesn't "exist" in the "channels I receive list." So the signal strength meter doesn't work either. I guess I would need a Guide data update from TiVo before I could switch to that channel.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Okeemike said:
The cable company must be "enabling" the decryption for just this weekend, as I posted above, I'm getting all the Showtime channels as of this weekend.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
This is sort of not relevant to this discussion, but I normally DO get Showtime HD, yet as I watch it I'm still getting the message 'To Order Showtime call...." etc, as if it were a preview. Is that normal--to get that message even though you already get the channel?

·
Registered
379 Posts
mrdazzo7 said:
This is sort of not relevant to this discussion, but I normally DO get Showtime HD, yet as I watch it I'm still getting the message 'To Order Showtime call...." etc, as if it were a preview. Is that normal--to get that message even though you already get the channel?
Yes, that's why I hate free preview weekend with a passion!

It's not something the cable company does, it's something the station does before it gets uplinked.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
MScottC said:
The cable company must be "enabling" the decryption for just this weekend, as I posted above, I'm getting all the Showtime channels as of this weekend.
Don't know about other areas, but my area usually disables decryption during free preview and sends it in the clear. My PC can record.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.