Administrator
9,707 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts

·
The Question
11,688 Posts
That seems like a strangely low number of episodes. 20 episodes over 2 seasons? They had 20 episodes in their most recent season. It seems like the stars will be doing half as many episodes (and presumably making half the money) and still be unable to sign on to work on any other show. Yes, they'll have more time to make movies, but other than that it seems like a strange deal, especially for a broadcast network.

·
It's Just TV
27,125 Posts
That seems like a strangely low number of episodes. 20 episodes over 2 seasons? They had 20 episodes in their most recent season. It seems like the stars will be doing half as many episodes (and presumably making half the money) and still be unable to sign on to work on any other show. Yes, they'll have more time to make movies, but other than that it seems like a strange deal, especially for a broadcast network.
Sounds to me like they are filming what would have been one more season, stretched over two seasons. Breaking it up with a cliff-hanger in the middle I would assume, but otherwise probably only really spending enough to cover a full season's work but leaving them programming to fill two seasons -- be it summer replacement, show on the bench they can turn to if something else crash and burns, etc.

·
I am Groot!
64,313 Posts
Sounds to me like they are filming what would have been one more season, stretched over two seasons. Breaking it up with a cliff-hanger in the middle I would assume, but otherwise probably only really spending enough to cover a full season's work but leaving them programming to fill two seasons -- be it summer replacement, show on the bench they can turn to if something else crash and burns, etc.
Yeah, I suspect it will be filmed as one season, but broadcast as two. That's been done a lot in the past, although mostly with cable shows.

·
It's Just TV
27,125 Posts
Yeah, I suspect it will be filmed as one season, but broadcast as two. That's been done a lot in the past, although mostly with cable shows.
I haven't followed the show that closely, but looked like Season 4 of the show had only 20 episodes. Assuming that the other seasons were similar number of episodes, it seems that they are mostly pushing to get to the "magic" 100 episodes that is preferred for syndicating the repeats and such.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,864 Posts
The animated Duncanville has been cancelled by Fox. There are 6 unaired episodes that will be shown on Hulu. I thought this show was far superior to The Great North which I baled on because I found it to be a great bore.

4881 - 4900 of 5000 Posts