TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I don't know if there really is anything to this - but there was a little blurb in my current issue of EW that said 'King of the Hill' may be coming back.

I really really really hope that could be true, as I miss that show. Brittany Murphy is gone, of course, but somebody else could do Luann.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I watched it. It wasn't bad. Good cast. Offbeat story lines. But I won't cry over it.

Camryn Manheim and David Krumholtz. Both deserve better than this.

I will cry if Life In Pieces isn't renewed. It's one of the most original, well-written sitcoms airing. And it wasn't one of the early CBS renewals.
This! (bolded by me) I love this show so much and just last night watched the current episode and was thinking that I would be really upset if it goes away.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Of the listed "interested" networks, that's the one I don't have.
My thoughts exactly, with the addition that, with my luck and Murphy's Law, it will be Hulu. Fingers crossed that it's any one of the others. Nothing against Hulu but I have so much tv to watch and enough services with which I can't even keep up that I'd have to think long and hard to add Hulu for just that one show.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I was looking for my favorite Bklyn 99 cold open scene - the one with the tarantula. Funniest bit ever! It was from S03, E03. I did find out that much. I'm surprised I couldn't find a video of just that cold open piece.

Does anybody else remember this bit? I still laugh every time I even think of it. I even saved the episode for quite a while and re-viewed it several times, showed it to my husband, watched it some more times, and then I must have deleted the episode.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

One of the few shows I watched the night it aired. Always.

It's funny, I never liked him either. Just not my type of comedian/actor. Yet he was perfect in this show. I almost didn't watch it because of him, but gave it a try. And glad I did. Really funny show. Great ensemble cast.
I was never actually a fan of Andy Samberg either. I cannot remember why I initially tuned in to B99, but I think it might have been because Terry Crews is in it and I really like him a lot. Sure, he's nice to look at but also I find him sweet and hilarious.

Anyway, as to Samberg, I like him in this even though I never really liked him in anything else that comes to mind. More so, however, I love the varied cast. I really like Braugher a lot. He's probably my fav, after Terry.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I almost passed on 99 because Andy Samberg is the lead.
I only gave it a chance because of Mike Schur.
And I'm glad I did as I find it to be pretty funny.

BTW, I think that Stephanie Beatriz is underrated in this show.
If you've ever seen her on a talk show (or in real life), it's quickly apparent that she is completely different from her character of Rosa.
Some time back (maybe last year?) I saw her on a talk show or something and I was really surprised at how completely different she is. Not that I would expect her to be Rosa, of course, but I had looked away as she spoke and I thought 'who is that talking?' and it was her.

I really like the character, too. I'm just so thrilled the show is coming back. Went in yesterday and changed my Season Pass to remove the channel info and change to 'all'. Prob be a while before a new season, but I would have forgotten by then anyway. o_O

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I don't watch anything on the CW channel, either.

I never knew that CBS is the 'old people' network. :D I watch half a dozen sitcoms on CBS and then there is the Late Show w/Colbert.

Looks like (prime time) I watch more shows on ABC, then NBC, then CBS. Cable and Premium Cable, however, have the majority by a huge number. I always like to have a handful, or more, sitcoms in my repertoire. I have varied interests beyond that, but there just must be some sitcoms for me, also.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
Your last comment made me smile. When I was in my late 30ies I use to tease my dad cutting coupons out of the newspaper. My comment to him was "it that's all old people have to do is cut coupons out of the newspaper." Every where I go now I say senior's discount please. I look in the mirror now and say hi dad. The older I get the more I'm getting like my dad, but I'm not going to vote Republican. :p:p:p:p
Well, there does have to be a line! :D

I remember (somewhat) being young and hearing all the stuff 'old' people would say and I would think - good grief, old people say the weirdest stuff. Yeah, well - it was mostly all right on. Now I have to chuckle about it when I remember thinking that old people were so full of it. :)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts