TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
To get original content on their lesser known streaming service which will boost subscribers.
Then offer it on your free service, with commercials, to people who aren't paying for your premium service and with out commercials on Prime. Trying to pad your subscription numbers by screwing over your existing paying customers make little sense.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Is the next episode the finale? I think so, but can't be sure. I'm pretty sure
he's being held captive by CZJ and he'll obviously escape before the episode is over. But yes, beyond that I'm expecting the resolution will not be satisfactory with the show-runners hoping to play it out at the beginning of the next season.
There is an episode tonight and then the final episode will air next week on the 18th.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i'll miss clarice, since i'm probably not subscribing to paramount+ anytime soon.
With most streaming services, you can sign up for a month, binge you favorite series and then end your subscription...and the first time you can use the free month or week trial.

Now if someone would create an app that allows you to one click subscribe and unsubscribe to streaming services people could easily opt in and out as content they want is available. I watch stuff on Paramout+, Disney+, HBOMax and AppleTV+ and I'm currently paying for them all, but I could easily get away with just a month or two maybe three of each annually to see what I want.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
There an app called "Just Watch" I think you could use it to do what you describe.
I use JustWatch and it's great to help figure out which streaming services have a movie or show you want to watch, but that isn't really what I'm looking for. I want something that makes it easy to subscribe, unsubscribe and re-subscribe to streaming services.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
FBI International? Guess I need to go to wikipedia.. I thought FBI was by definition inside the USA and CIA was external?
(yes I guess I do remember hearing in the news about FBI being involved with the Haiti assassination.)

Though I'm definitely not up on the original FBI and haven't watched ANY of the spinoff. My previous belief was that CBS all Access now Paramount+ always had ALL seasons of a show.. that was a mistaken belief! (Still will catch up at some point or give up on it.)
FBI international operations

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but if it hasn't, the 8th and final season of Brooklyn Nine Nine will start Aug. 12 on NBC.
Some other shows that will be returning soon:
Stargirl Aug 10 CW
Riverdale Aug 11 CW
Star Trek, Lower Decks Aug 12 Paramount+
Titans Aug 12 HBO Max
Nora from Queens Aug 18 Comedy Central
The Walking Dead Aug 22 AMC

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
it was happening every showing, so i stopped movies altogether for a while, i'm sure a lot of it depends on monitoring and enforcement by the chain/location. i have much better luck during a matinée (seeing bond tomorrow afternoon) - i've stopped going when i know there's a crowd - people simply don't respect others at movies around here any more. :(
I had only been going to movies between 11-3 for years when there were at most a few other people, often I was the only one. I live about 5 minutes away from my local Regal and once they refit the theater with recliners you reserve, I could easily verify via their app 10 minutes before the film started that the theater was mostly empty. I stopped going to to the theater last year then early this summer I went a few times, then the delta variant hit and I stopped. I plan to see Bond either next week or the week after depending on how empty the theaters are.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You mean the very realistic series he's been doing where he sits in the first row in court and surreptitiously either uses a "cut throat" signal or nods enthusiastically to signal his associate standing in front of the jury to either cut or keep a juror 😣? IMO among the least realistic shows (intending not to be) since CSI Miami :D. My wife enjoys the show, but I'm not sorry to see it gone.
I find your reply kind of humorous because while not based on him, the series Bull was inspired by the trial science firm Dr. Phil created way before he became a less offensive Jerry Springer.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Watched the first episode of Ten Percent. I'm a little confused at why they made this show. It's basically the French show but with English actors. If someone wants to watch the French show, why not keep the original and dub it in English?

I'm hoping it will deviate from the French show...hell, it even stole the name (ten percent) whereas the French show got a new name in English "Call my Agent!"; which I thought was a terrible name change by Netflix.
There was a Danish show in the 2011 called The Bridge, the French remade it in 2013 as The Tunnel and at the same time FX made it's own version call....The Bridge. I enjoyed all three...which were same premise different stories.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The French movie Nikita (aka La Femme Nikita*) was remade in China as Black Cat and in the US as Point of No Return, plus two American (Canadian) TV shows. It was interesting to see the differences and similarities among them.

*Apparently renamed in the US because of the then-recent movie Little Nikita
I watched the French film, American film and CW TV show and enjoyed them at the time. Didn't know about the Chinese film or Canadian TV show...might give them a look at some time.

For me a big failure was the remake of 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' Swedish films. The originals were so good vs. what was put out by Hollywood.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts