TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I think the thing for me was that FF'ing with the Tivo was very smooth whereas FF'ing with the Directv DVR or Spectrum DVR is very choppy as I assume it's not displaying as many frames as it's zooming by. Maybe it's subtle but it was noticeable to me. I feel like I perfected the timing of hitting the button to come out of FF'ing very easily on the Tivo, but never mastered it with the other DVR's. It's not a major things as I've survived many years without a Tivo.
Better to Enable 30 Second Skip, so you don't see the frames.
1 Start playing any recording.
2 During playback press: Select - Play - Select - 3 - 0 - Select
You should hear three bongs (if you don't have the TiVo sounds disabled), and you're done. Your "skip to beginning/end" button (the arrow pointing to a line) is now a 30 second skip button. During fast-forwarding or rewinding, the button will still "skip to tick."
To turn the feature off, repeat the three steps.
Important note: this feature is set to "off" at default on restarts. So if your TiVo restarts or loses power, the feature will be turned back off. Just enter the code again while watching a recording to re-enable it.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Maybe we can turn this off topic to a dish discussion:). I have the Hopper 3 and the Autohop feature is available, I rarely get to use it but it is impressive to watch shows with no commercials. Of course it's only the network shows and only if you've left it on the DVR for over a few days.
Get a TiVo, SKIP is available for non-network shows (i.e. AMC), and is available sometimes as quickly as 1 hr after airing.

1 - 18 of 272 Posts