TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Every time I see a reference to Last Man Standing, there's a brief moment where I think they're bringing The Last Man on Earth back ... then I feel sad.
Right about now that's one show I don't want to come back. It's too much like real life.

Kristen Wiig hosted the season finale of "SNL". I watched as she watched the funerals of Mike Pence, Steve Mnuchin, etc. So she wasn't someone I especially wanted to see, wearing a wiig or not.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I've been 50+ my whole life.
Well, I can't find the post again so I'll just edit this one. I actually still think I'm a teenager, especially when visiting the Facebook timelines of people I went to high school with. I keep forgetting how much older we got. Some look the same, and some look even older than I think I am.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Just discovered Outmatched this morning. Searched the forum and of course I find this thread and that it was cancelled.

I watched two episodes. It isn't a great show, but I enjoy. The premise of an ordinary couple have three genius children, seems like an interesting idea.
Or would have been if more than one of the genius kids was likeable. At least the mom was hot.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
To my ears, rap is not music. And a movie featuring rap as a major focus in its soundtrack cannot be watched, either. Keep in mind something like opera music would also be a red flag for a movie. :)
I agree but I could probably stand the movie if it was good. I don't enjoy opera as a rule but again, it might not keep me from watching the movie.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
No need to give me a history lesson, I'm well aware of Blondie and their contribution to music. I know the song Rapture well, and I have the album that its on. But it's like calling Blondie a Reggae group just because they did a Reggae song (The Tide is High). They are a rock (more literally a Punk/New Wave) band that did a rap and reggae song. Springsteen recently has done folk and country. It's crossover music.
And they're not a disco band. I wasn't aware "Heart of Glass" was disco.

Yeah, I need to find something besides radio for my car. I have to change stations often.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I think the only reason I tried to cut it a little extra slack was for Cattrall. I wanted it to be good for her and saw possibilities, going in. It felt like the silliness overrode something that could be feasible. That's fine for a comedy but not a drama, IMO.
I was expecting a comedy. If this show was being compared to "Dynasty" consider that I believe The CW is airing another season of the Grant Show version. I didn't see that many episodes of the John Forsythe version (ironic for someone with a photo of Heather Locklear in every post) but the new "Dynasty" is hilarious and should be considered a comedy rather than a soap.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
"Charlie" has been in a few movies. Not sure if his wife, "Waitress" has done anything.
I was thinking he was a regular on this, but apparently he only did one episode. He was, however, the creator. The Cool Kids (imdb.com) As you might expect, I liked this show.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
This isn't new, but I figured I'd mention it in case there is anybody else out there who is such a fan as I -

Reruns of the somewhat recently ended show (last few years) 'Rules of Engagement' are airing on one of the Starz channels. One of the cool things that is somewhat unusual is that, since it's on a Premium channel, there are no commercials, so the entirety of the spot is show.

I kept my old Pass, except I had switched it to 'all' for eps and channels and was thrilled when I started seeing recordings scheduled.

I just love this show so much! Patrick Warburton, David Spade, Oliver Hudson - and more - great comedic actors.
Happy happy :D
I thought it was great too. I didn't truly appreciate Oliver Hudson at the time but he's had so many other great roles.

I watched for Spade, though. And his South Asian or Middle Eastern assistant was a great addition.

Patrick Warburton got on my nerves prior to this series but I got used to him.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts