TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
I'm not photoshopgrl but it's obvious that you haven't watched the show. :)

Supernatural does multi season long arcs, frequently refers back to past events (episodes), and has built quite rich mythology of it's own.

It's much more challenging to jump in at season 13 than it is to watch from the beginning.
What JYoung said :)

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
It's like most shows, especially sitcoms. After awhile they run out of stories and they either rehash old stuff or come up with something dumb. There's only so many Hallie being dumb, or Cam and Mitch playing stereotypical gay characters, or Phil doing dumb things while thinking he's smart, or Jay playing the set in his ways old guy. It's just, well old. I've been liking the similar show, Life in Pieces much better.
Isn't Life in Pieces more like Parenthood than this though? I haven't watched it but the preview always made me think Parenthood which I never could get into so I never bothered with LIP.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
Not every actor is always happy when their show gets renewed.

Go check out Constance Wu's twitter if you want to see her less than enthusiastic reaction to Fresh Off the Boat's renewal (I won't link to it because of the NSFW language).

I guess the success of Crazy Rich Asians increased her demand and she doesn't want to be stuck spending half her year making a sitcom anymore.
Wow was not expecting that. I wonder why she's so upset? Maybe she isn't happy with the writing or maybe it messed up her ability to take another role?

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
Aww, this makes me sad. I still love this show and these characters very much. I get it - everything has to come to an end but I wish they would end shows I don't like, instead. :p
Same. I hope they change their mind. This is honestly the only reboot that's been without a single missed beat from the original.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
easy...easy...you still need to get your head into a turtleneck, so don't get too excited!

It's more of a group thing...I find that when the 3 of you agree on a show, I usually have the same opinion...there are others as well...there are even a few that I do the George Constanza opposite theory with ;)

I'm going to start watching now...starting with episode 2 :D
:D Let us know how you like it!

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
I have not been able to binge like I wanted to...but watched the exercise bike episode and the Prime Minister of England episode...I'll say this: I'm not in love but I see lots of potential. I liked both episodes. Started to watch a third one (guy picks up a girl at a bar and takes her home...) and will finish it tonight...
Do yourself a favor. Watch Season 1, Episode 3: The Entire History of You then watch Season 2, Episode 4: White Christmas after it. It stars Jon Hamm and it's a fantastic episode to follow the other IMO.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
The USA shows of that era are odd for me...I always enjoyed them to begin with, and they all gradually wore out their welcome with me. I think Burn Notice is the only one that I stuck with until the end, and I pretty much resented it the last couple of seasons...

White Collar, Monk, Psych, I'm sure there are others.
Dead Zone!

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
I had heard that a lot of shows currently airing will most likely cut 1-4 eps (as they film while the season is airing)
Fargo didn't want to do this, so no dates known for when they can finish filming but they will/should be able to at some point
Yeah and I'm unsure why some would just drop the final episode of the season such as:
The Neighborhood (CBS)
Production halted 3/15, just two days prior to the scheduled filming of the second season's final episode. That episode will not be produced.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts