TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TiVo Series 2
Optimum Cable

TV show lengths used to be an exact multiple of 15 minutes - 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, etc. They also used to start and end on the hour, half hour or 15 minutes.

They now start and end almost anytime. For example, last night a show started on the hour but ended after 64 minutes. Unfortunately, the TiVo schedule does not show this. To be sure to get the entire show I have to schedule recording the next show on the same channel.

As to scheduling a show to be recorded you can't start or end a show a few minutes late or early.

So, how do we get around this?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
TiVo Series 2
Optimum Cable

TV show lengths used to be an exact multiple of 15 minutes - 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, etc. They also used to start and end on the hour, half hour or 15 minutes.

They now start and end almost anytime. For example, last night a show started on the hour but ended after 64 minutes. Unfortunately, the TiVo schedule does not show this. To be sure to get the entire show I have to schedule recording the next show on the same channel.

As to scheduling a show to be recorded you can't start or end a show a few minutes late or early.

I don't know if the S2 has this or not, but in User Preferences> Clip Overlapping Shows. It explains how it works and how to prioritize recordings.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,338 Posts
TiVo Series 2
Optimum Cable

What channel is doing this? It's been a very long time since I've seen a listing that differs from actual odd runtime event for anything other than live events.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What channel is doing this? It's been a very long time since I've seen a listing that differs from actual odd runtime event for anything other than live events.
The Late Show With Steven Colbert often runs a few minutes past the TiVo scheduled time. If I happen to be recording a following show on the same channel, I will get the end of the Colbert show as the beginning of that show.
The same thing happens with some of the late late shows.
I think I have seen it with some of the daytime shows.

Also if the Tivo has the correct time (i.e. 64 minutes) you can set the start of a show on another channel a few minutes late.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts