TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no intention on using TE 4.0 for multiple reasons. I'm not a hater, I actually like the interface, but I prefer TE3.

The 9300s have been really good for us, but I am curious to know if apps (Youtube, netflix, amazon) using TE3 run better on a Vox model than they would on the 9300? Or is the only way to take advantage of the app support and stability of the VOX to upgrade to TE4?

I'm looking for reasons to upgrade our Mini if we can stick to just one remote in our bedroom instead of a mini + streaming device. I do not wish to upgrade the software of our living room Roamio Pro that the minis are connected to.
Can't answer the experience regarding the old experience, but the Vox absolutely flies. It feels faster than the TiVo Bolt, which it probably technically is. I remember trying Hulu on the old Mini and it would just lock up - same with YT at higher resolutions. Netflix was slow and would top out at around 9-10 Mbps. With Vox, Netflix speed tests always show near maximum download speeds of 112 Mbps. Moving around the interface is snappier than Bolt. Hulu actually works. It isn't perfect, but it has exceeded my limited expectations.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts