TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my Series 2 with a 300 GB Seagate drive. Had some funny issues, but it seems to be working fine now.

When taking out the old drive, the original IDE cable completely pulled off and is useless. I used a spare IDE cable I had lying around, but it is WAY too long. Is there a cheap source for the type of short, single drive IDE cable that works in TiVo?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Any cable should work as long as it doesnt have the pin in the middle on the bottom row blocked off (the tivo still has this pin right?)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HomeUser said:
WeaKnees, Specialty Cables Price includes shipping the cable is shorter and you get a power splitter. They may have the single drive cable somewhere else.

DVRUpgrade, Cables and Accessories It is cheaper before shipping also dual drive and looks like the standard IDE cable length.
Thanks. The original cable that broke is about 6 inches long with only one drive connection. I folded the replacement cable up in the empty space between the drive and the front of the unit. Shouldn't block much airflow there, so I think I'll just leave it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts