TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,529 Posts
SeanC said:
Would this be the final death throes of this show then?

They had to call back their most famous "wife" and have her on again to get ratings?
Seriously... lame.

Not that 'reality TV' is realistic in any sense of the word, but the only thing interesting about this re-do will be to see how much "fame" (and gastric bypass surgery) has changed this crazy lady.

Now, she's a pop culture meme, she's been on the Tonight Show, she was able to drop 100 pounds, she's recognizable.

14.5 minutes, indeed.

This time around she'll just do whatever the producers tell her to do, to get whatever attention/ratings they can.

(Like a dolphin show, at the zoo.)

·
hard-core '24' fan
227 Posts
There is zero chance I will miss this. Mrs. Perrin was the funniest thing to hit the airwaves in ages!

I just hope we get more classic one-liners. But it will be hard to top:

"I give it up to God, I'm a God Warrior!"

·
Tivo, in HD!
887 Posts
It's on the 19th & 26th on Fox. I just scheduled 'em online - lol.

·
Curiously Strong
41,466 Posts
No meltdown would be my guess. There haven't been any in the promos, and you know they'd be showing them if there was one. She just wants her $50k (you know, for God).

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
I never thought that I'd actually feel sorry for Perrin, but this abasi guy is just a FPOS.

Do they (Abasi and family) have to actually wait 11 years for the daughter to decide at age 18 how to spend the remaining $48K. That was a great move for Perrin to make.

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
In a weird, sad postscript to this story, the "God Warrior's" daughter was killed in a car accident. She had an 8 year old daughter, who I guess will be raised by her grandmother now....

·
Under Maintenance
26,674 Posts
busyba said:
And that's the real tragedy....
Well. Not really that big a change. From what I could see the Mother and Daughter had a "sister" relationship and the Grandma was still running the show anyway. It's a damn shame though how often tragedies like this happen to folks on reality TV shows. There definitely seems to be a curse of sorts attached. :confused:

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
bareyb said:
Well. Not really that big a change. From what I could see the Mother and Daughter had a "sister" relationship and the Grandma was still running the show anyway. It's a damn shame though how often tragedies like this happen to folks on reality TV shows. There definitely seems to be a curse of sorts attached. :confused:
I'd say it's a less a matter of a "reality show curse" and more a strong correlation between the types of people inclined to go on reality shows and the types of people who are inclined to be met with tragedy. ;)

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,529 Posts
busyba said:
I'd say it's a less a matter of a "reality show curse" and more a strong correlation between the types of people inclined to go on reality shows and the types of people who are inclined to be met with tragedy. ;)
Okay, in this example... her daughter was killed in a car accident. Please lay out for me how her behavior, insane or not, would make her more likely to have such fate befall on her.

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
Fofer said:
Okay, in this example... her daughter was killed in a car accident. Please lay out for me how her behavior, insane or not, would make her more likely to have such fate befall on her.
Was she drinking? :D ;)

My comment wasn't about this incident in particular, I was only providing an alternate theory to bareyb's "reality show curse" hypothesis.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.