TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
IN SANE.

absolute, hilarious insanity. take note, kids, this is how people start strapping bombs to their bodies and walking into hotels and flying airplanes into skyscrapers. what a miserable life she must lead.

no wonder christians are villified and shunned in the U.S. you have people like her having a religious spiritual breakdown on national television, and you have national television selectively choosing angry, hopped up on jesus juice christians to be villified.

it's a shame the only christian folk i run into are nice people. i would've slapped her and
punched her in the face 4 or 5 times
after working my way through the canyons and valleys of her lovely lady lumps.

·
mega Pnut m&m
379 Posts
i don't usually watch this show but when i saw the preview about the woman melting down, and that she was a some xian fanatic, i knew this would be a good show for me. ;)

she was SO horrible. I really wanted someone to beat her in the face with a baseball bat and knock the rest of her teeth out. i couldn't beleive she was trying to manipulate those nice kids into being jesus-loving drones.

did anyone notice that she didn't hug her husband either of the 2 times he tried to hug her? what was up with that?

did anyone else wonder what size that armor was she had to put on? probably only a non-existent being could whip up armor that big to strap on the creepy sow. i was WISHING she'd have a heartache before the episode was over, that would have been a perfect topper to her psychotic rant.

and xians wonder why regular people think they are insane?

M.

·
Banned
403 Posts
ghettoblaster said:
If their beliefs are to belittle and condemn other people's beliefs, then yes, he can't stand them.

Reminds me of another quote, "If only closed minds came with closed mouths."
Ok, so now we are down to not knowing the difference between the religious doctrine, on one hand, and the actions of a particular person, on the other hand.

Yeah... a much better argument there.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
myriadian said:
i don't usually watch this show but when i saw the preview about the woman melting down, and that she was a some xian fanatic, i knew this would be a good show for me. ;)

she was SO horrible. I really wanted someone to beat her in the face with a baseball bat and knock the rest of her teeth out. i couldn't beleive she was trying to manipulate those nice kids into being jesus-loving drones.

did anyone notice that she didn't hug her husband either of the 2 times he tried to hug her? what was up with that?

did anyone else wonder what size that armor was she had to put on? probably only a non-existent being could whip up armor that big to strap on the creepy sow. i was WISHING she'd have a heartache before the episode was over, that would have been a perfect topper to her psychotic rant.

and xians wonder why regular people think they are insane?

M.
now, now, let's be fair. she doesn't represent the majority, at all. she's clinically insane, for sure, but lumping all christians with this porked up mom is totally unfair to the rest of the christians who try really hard to help out people who need help, regardless of their creed, color or beliefs. churches, outreach groups, have proven themselves to be selfless and good especially during the recent disasters we've had throughout the year.

there will always be insane fanatics from religion, but if this is really the worst that a christian can do in this day and age, i'd rather have her than someone who will decapitate a person for discussing and criticizing their religion.

·
"Just The Facts"
21,402 Posts
Did anyone notice that the other mom barely wanted to hug her husband either. She didn't hug him when she got home, then when she was asked for a hug she did it but her body language looked very uncomfortable.

·
Curiously Strong
41,412 Posts
JFriday said:
Did anyone notice that the other mom barely wanted to hug her husband either. She didn't hug him when she got home, then when she was asked for a hug she did it but her body language looked very uncomfortable.
I think after talking to crazy lady, she was really upset with her husband because of all the stuff she said he did to her. Of course, we know that was BS.

·
Registered
943 Posts
JFriday said:
We noticed that too, made us wonder if it wasn't so much of a stretch for her to beleive her husband could be sort of a pushy jerk. We also thought maybe he is more of a good for nothing zero that is just coasting on her income and living in her house. None of the kids looked like they had the same parents, and none of them looked like really either of them. Maybe he is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th husband who brought one or more kids into he marriage and not really that well integrated with her or the other kids. She never seemed really soft towards him, never mentioned what he must have gone through or that he was a good man.

Something is funny there too. But I'd take that kind of funny over wacko/psycho funny anyday. We felt terrible for the little daughter, this is something she'll never forget, her Mom going absolutely bonkers and talking about the devil and scary stuff like that when you're so young. Get that little girl outta there Dad, I hope they had a long talk with her afterwards and helped her through it.

·
Curiously Strong
41,412 Posts
Jayjoans said:
We felt terrible for the little daughter, this is something she'll never forget, her Mom going absolutely bonkers and talking about the devil and scary stuff like that when you're so young.
Actually, her grandmother. She was the oldest daughter's kid.

·
"Just The Facts"
21,402 Posts
Jayjoans said:
None of the kids looked like they had the same parents, and none of them looked like really either of them. Maybe he is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th husband who brought one or more kids into he marriage and not really that well integrated with her or the other kids.

Get that little girl outta there Dad, I hope they had a long talk with her afterwards and helped her through it.
I think in the 1st episode it was explained that one of the boys was his and the other 2 where hers.

Funny how the Christian family had the daughter that had a kid out of wedlock at age 16. I guess she wasn't paying attention in church. Reminds me of my classmate that was the Christian Club president at school and got his girlfriend pregnant his senior year. He even found it kind of funny years later at a reunion.

·
Chef-In-Training
7,349 Posts
I've always hated this kind of show, but the commercials made me really want to see this. I watched the first, but last night's episode conflicted with Lost and Veronica Mars. I plan to watch this on a road trip this weekend, though. I fully expect i to be a complete train wreck.

I work with a guy as fanatical as this woman. He wouldn't be as vocal, but if he had to spend any amount of time in the MA family' house, he head would pop right off his shoulders...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I work with a guy who knows the "New-Age" family and apparently, the man and his wife have split up since the show. He also verified that the "Christian-aaa" woman is just as crazy, if not more than she appeared-proving that she wasn't "edited" to appear crazy.

·
Time for a new Title
27,861 Posts
So what happened with the other lady? My wife was telling me about this the other day (we tend to watch good TV, so this show isn't anywhere near our TiVo), but my guess was that you had a hand picked crazy "Christian", and a perfectly normal, yet also hand picked "new age" woman.

To me, this premise reaks of an attempt to belittle Christianity--something the media does any chance it gets. Thankfully I wasn't belittled because I am quite a bit above watching that show.

·
Domestic Extremist
27,357 Posts
Everybody, please don't bash Christians in this thread. That woman represents all Christians the way Osama represents all Muslims.

She's nuts, that's all.

We do have rules about discussing religion on this forum, precisely because people take it too far and feelings get hurt. So, confine your comments to this particular woman and this show, and don't generalize out to an entire religion.

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
doom1701 said:
So what happened with the other lady? My wife was telling me about this the other day (we tend to watch good TV, so this show isn't anywhere near our TiVo), but my guess was that you had a hand picked crazy "Christian", and a perfectly normal, yet also hand picked "new age" woman.

To me, this premise reaks of an attempt to belittle Christianity--something the media does any chance it gets. Thankfully I wasn't belittled because I am quite a bit above watching that show.
?? :confused: ??

What the heck does this mean?

I got nothing about it belittling Christianity...

You'd only get belittled if you deserve to - nobody can belittle you...

Doom?? this post makes zero sense to me...

but, I'm glad you can sure be incredibly over-the-top judgemental about it having not even seen it... :rolleyes:

·
Time for a new Title
27,861 Posts
Mikkel_Knight said:
?? :confused: ??

What the heck does this mean?

I got nothing about it belittling Christianity...

You'd only get belittled if you deserve to - nobody can belittle you...

Doom?? this post makes zero sense to me...

but, I'm glad you can sure be incredibly over-the-top judgemental about it having not even seen it... :rolleyes:
Let me put it in simpler terms: My assumption, not having seen the show, is that they picked a crazy "Christian" lady and a normal, well adjusted "other" lady. The media has a blast trying to make Christians out to be hypocrytical, judgemental freaks.

·
Curiously Strong
41,412 Posts
doom1701 said:
Let me put it in simpler terms: My assumption, not having seen the show, is that they picked a crazy "Christian" lady and a normal, well adjusted "other" lady. The media has a blast trying to make Christians out to be hypocrytical, judgemental freaks.
Based on the reaction of her family, I don't think this lady was crazy before the show. I think your assumption is wrong.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.