TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
This woman was ridiculous, not to mention that Fox had been hyping that breakdown for months, and it ended up being the last 5 minutes of a two part episode. But back to Margret, she wanted nothing to do with the money till she found out that $20,000 was allocated to her so that she could get her gastric bypass surgery, then she accepted the money. Plus the fact that she wouldn't hear any other points of view other than her own, Jesus or nothing. I am glad though that the two older girls got money so taht they could get their own place away from psycho. I can't stand closed minded Jesus freaks, that believe that only the Christian religions are the ones that should be practiced. This is why we have a Constitution that includes freedom of religion. Have an open mind and accept more than one idea!!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
SR2 said:
What does the Constitution have to do with how individuals think and feel about religion? Pretty much nothing at all.

I do like the way you mention "open mind" and "acceptance," just after saying you "can't stand" a particular group that practices its religion. Pretty funny!

Reminds me of a good line -- "Intolerance will not be tolerated."
The Constitution grants Americans the right to practice any religion they see fit, that being Christian or Astrology or Buddhism, etc. But this woman would not accept anything other than her beliefs, I truely believe that if this woman had her way all religions would be banished accept for hers.

What I "can't stand" is people that will not be open to even hearing another idea. The New Age husband would try to get her to just accept something new and she would brush it of as blasphomy and would stop him dead in his tracks by saying that she did not feel comfortable talking about it. And the husband being kind enough to back down every time just pissed me off. Its not that I can't stand a particular group that practices its religion its the fact that some people, including this woman, believe that their religion is the "right one" and will not be open to new ideas or a different perspective.

I really hope that this woman got her surgery before the hurricane hit just so that winds would be able to lift her and blow her out to sea where just before she drowned she was bitten by a shark, stung by jellyfish, and electricuted by electric eels.

·
Registered
612 Posts
jlmitnick said:
SR2, I think if you had seen the show you'd know what phluffhead was trying to say. This woman was absolutely insane. She forced the family that she was staying with to go to church. I wonder what would have happened if she were placed in a Jewish or atheist family. The constitution guarentees freedom of speech (and by extension, freedom of religion), however, if she had it her way, she would abolish that amendment and force everyone to be fanatical christians.

If not for the fact that she is a disgusting fat beast and can't even really move around that much without hyperventilating, she probably would become violent. She claimed to be a "warrior of God" and she was glad that she planted the seeds of christianity into the minds of the children in the other family.
Thank you. I think all of us that saw this episode can at least agree that this woman was off her rocker.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't want to start a holy war, but before commenting on a specific episode I think you should have to watch the episode first. How can you possibly have meaningful insight on something you havn't even seen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.