TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
403 Posts
phluffhead said:
I can't stand closed minded Jesus freaks, that believe that only the Christian religions are the ones that should be practiced. This is why we have a Constitution that includes freedom of religion. Have an open mind and accept more than one idea!!!!
What does the Constitution have to do with how individuals think and feel about religion? Pretty much nothing at all.

I do like the way you mention "open mind" and "acceptance," just after saying you "can't stand" a particular group that practices its religion. Pretty funny!

Reminds me of a good line -- "Intolerance will not be tolerated."

·
Banned
403 Posts
phluffhead said:
The Constitution grants Americans the right to practice any religion they see fit, that being Christian or Astrology or Buddhism, etc. But this woman would not accept anything other than her beliefs, I truely believe that if this woman had her way all religions would be banished accept for hers.
Again, the Constitution has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. Is anyone getting arrested? Did the government pass a law on this TV show and infringes on any rights? I have no idea where this comes in.

I did not see the show so I don't know what the woman did, but again, I do know that your post is clearly a complaint that the woman is practicing her religion. Thus, you are doing exactly what you are complaining about.

Its not that I can't stand a particular group that practices its religion its the fact that some people, including this woman, believe that their religion is the "right one" and will not be open to new ideas or a different perspective.
Basically, you just said that you can't stand certain groups because of their beliefs.

"Intolderance will not be tolerated!"

Beyond all that, the idea of being "open to all beliefs" is pretty illogical. I can "believe" that Sen. Hillary Clinton is a very large black man from Sweden. However, I'd rather try to learn the truth and go with that. Beliefs don't change the truth.

·
Banned
403 Posts
ghettoblaster said:
If their beliefs are to belittle and condemn other people's beliefs, then yes, he can't stand them.

Reminds me of another quote, "If only closed minds came with closed mouths."
Ok, so now we are down to not knowing the difference between the religious doctrine, on one hand, and the actions of a particular person, on the other hand.

Yeah... a much better argument there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.