TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 140 of 431 Posts

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,634 Posts
After 3 eps, I am no sold. Too comic booky. I'll keep watching, but I'll be wishing for better CGI and story arc.
Isn't it a tv show based on a comic book? CGI has come a long way, compare this to Beowulf, The Polar Express, or even Hulk of the first Avengers film. I have no problem with it whatsoever.

I dunno, if you watch a tv show or movie based on a comic, chances are pretty high it will be like a comic book.

· Lurker
1,163 Posts
That was great. I really enjoyed that episode. Felt like they were hitting on all cylinders, pacing was great, switching between A and B stories worked, the side comments to the camera didn't feel forced like they did in the first two episodes, Megan Thee Stallion. More like that please.

· Excellent.
23,877 Posts
I’m on the other side. Episode three was exceedingly, exceedingly thin. The “A” and “B” stories were really B and C-level in depth and quality. Not a good sign when a show seems this bereft in only its third episode.

· WDW Fan
15,316 Posts
Thank you for the clarification. the MCU is becoming as intertwined as the comics were (back in the 70s when I read comics and suspect it's still the same) if you don't ingest all of the stories you get lost. Star Wars is going the same route. <SIGH>
‘There was no information in Shang-Chi that wasn’t in this episode,not seeing that movie makes no difference at all other than you would have previously seen the fight they showed during the ep.

· Registered
9,181 Posts
Who has that much time to watch all of this?
I don't begrudge the comic book readers a series like this, it's just not so much my thing. I've never seen any of the source materials all these Marvel movies are coming from, never even knew there was a She Hulk before I started seeing buzz about this series.
I'm not a comic reader either and up until July 2021 had never seen any MCU content. I've always wanted to but never had the time. So I just see She-Hulk as a new character.
So at the end of July 2021 my daughters and I set out to watch it.
A coworker of mine has a spreadsheet of various TV/film franchises that he watches. So we followed his chronological MCU viewing list and made it through all the movies, one shots, and the majority of TV shows. It took about a year due to the fact that Agents of SHIELD took some time.
We are all caught up now.

· Lurker
1,163 Posts
Now I'm wondering about the legal precedents that need to be set in a world with shapeshifters. Given the amount of chaos caused by just one shapeshifter in this episode - defrauded the victim, impersonated the victim, impersonated the lawyer, impersonated the judge - it seems like it should be a pretty simple defense for anyone accused of a crime. "Wasn't me. Must have been a shapeshifter."

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,634 Posts
Megan retained Jen at the end. I wonder if that means we're gonna see more of her.
I really think we are, I saw an interview with Jameela Jamil, and she was talking about how Megan was so fun on set. Jameela wasn't in this episode so obviously Megan was there outside of her scenes for this episode.

· Excellent.
23,877 Posts
I really think we are, I saw an interview with Jameela Jamil, and she was talking about how Megan was so fun on set. Jameela wasn't in this episode so obviously Megan was there outside of her scenes for this episode.
Jamil and Megan have worked together before. And everyone was there the day they shot Megan's cameo in She-Hulk.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,054 Posts
While I realize the actual Megan Thee Stallion was on set to film those scenes, are we sure it's supposed to be the actual Megan and not the shapeshifter? The first time we saw her in court, it seemed like it was intended to be the shapeshifter, and then the mid-credits scene there's no way to know, but in the context of the story it seems more likely that it would be the shapeshifter than the real thing.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,411 Posts
When we saw her in court, the shape-shifter was sitting at the attorney table, so it had to be MTS.

Nothing in the context of the story made me think it wasn't MTS. But ya' never know!

121 - 140 of 431 Posts