TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 431 Posts

· Premium Member
9,704 Posts
Aside from the direct inclusion of Abomination, the show winked at it when Jen called Bruce about taking the case and he said, “Heck, I’m an entirely different person now.”
Doh! Well, that's obvious now that you mention it. (I didn't catch it when he said it, I just assumed it was a old hulk vs smart hulk reference).

· LOAD"*",8,1
35,509 Posts
Aside from the direct inclusion of Abomination, the show winked at it when Jen called Bruce about taking the case and he said, “Heck, I’m an entirely different person now.”
Yeah, I got that reference, which is how I started to figure out that all this stuff that they were talking about, with Emil Blonsky attacking the Hulk, was all the events of the movie that I hadn't seen. Until the penny dropped, I was just thinking that they were describing events that we weren't supposed to be familiar with, some unseen Hulk story that occurred at some point off-screen.

(And of course, since I hadn't seen The Incredible Hulk, the inclusion of the Abomination in the "fight club" scene in Shang-Chi sailed right over my head.)

· Lurker
1,163 Posts
I had to remind my wife of the scene in Shang-Chi, which was conveniently just a few clicks away right there on Disney Plus. And we watched the Hulk movie within the last six months, but the "completely different person" bit didn't hit me until it was pointed out here a few posts ago.

For some reason, I thought the episodes were going to be longer. I was expecting a 40 or so minute "drama" length episode but it seemed more like a 22 or so minute "sitcom" length episode. Disney+ says the first episode was 38 minutes, and the second was 31 minutes but they have several minutes of foreign language credits at the end. Not complaining - just need to adjust my expectations.

For comparison, Ms. Marvel episodes are listed from 41 to 50 minutes, and Moon Knight episodes are 45 to 54 minutes - with the several minutes of credits, those are closer to hour-long drama length than half hour sitcom length. WandaVision started with 30-some minute episodes when they were doing their sitcom stuff, and then 40-50 minute episodes later on. Not sure why my expectations were incorrect for She-Hulk, but I hadn't noticed before how thoroughly I've been trained to expect sitcoms to be shorter and dramas to be longer.

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
Another clue is the number of episodes...Feige has said the total length of each show will be about the same, meaning that since She-Hulk has more episodes (9 rather than 6), the episodes will be shorter.

· Meh.
41,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I have zero memory of the Hulk movie with Abomination. Other than that, I liked the second episode. It was more table setting for future episodes.

I hate mid-credits scenes.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,054 Posts
Well, heck. I'm just now getting hit with a clue-by-four... this is a tie-in to the Edward Norton "Incredible Hulk" movie. The one MCU movie I haven't seen yet. For some reason, I just assumed that the MCU would quietly forget about that movie, so I never bothered to go back and watch it. Guess I should find time to do so now, huh?
Thanks for pointing that out. I was coming here to ask if I should know who Abomination is and whether the story about destroying Harlem was something we've seen in the MCU. Guess maybe I'll have to watch that movie sometime.

81 - 100 of 431 Posts