TiVo Community Forum banner
421 - 431 of 431 Posts

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
I found this interesting to see how the scenes looked when filmed compared to the final release.

Odd that they went through all that stuff about mo-cap and behind the scenes and never once mentioned the super-tall actor who played the stand in for She-Hulk. I wonder if maybe they didn't end up needing her very often.

· I am Groot!
58,984 Posts
Odd that they went through all that stuff about mo-cap and behind the scenes and never once mentioned the super-tall actor who played the stand in for She-Hulk. I wonder if maybe they didn't end up needing her very often.
The Marvel Studios Assembled episode on She-Hulk dropped today. Haven't watched it yet, but I'll be curious to see what they say (they're usually pretty thorough, given they have an hour to play with).

· Dumb Blond
39,277 Posts
They did mention her very briefly, about a quarter into the show, but never showed her. They said she was 6-foot-7!

I liked the Assembled episode, noting that it was basically all women putting the show together and everyone was shown to be having fun.

· Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,854 Posts
They mentioned her in the Assembled video, but made it sound like she was mostly just involved with trying out She-Hulk sized versions of the wardrobe in real life, and also maybe did some blocking.

The Marvel Studios Assembled episode on She-Hulk dropped today. Haven't watched it yet, but I'll be curious to see what they say (they're usually pretty thorough, given they have an hour to play with).
See the trailer in my previous post, one page back. Clearly they had a lot of fun making this show, and that helped make the Assembled episode fun too.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
That's what a stand-in does. There really isn't a reason to mention her in the context of VFX.
I figured they would shoot a lot of the action with the stand-in wearing a mo-cap suit so they could use her movements to model the CGI character, and then have the facial cameras film Tatiana so they could put her face on the CGI model built from the stand-in's movements. But from that video, it looks like they did a lot of things like building platforms for Tatiana to walk on so she'd be the right height, or have her wear a contraption that puts a fake version of her face at the higher level so the computer animators would have the right height reference. Those seem like things you'd do specifically to avoid using the stand in.

· Dumb Blond
39,277 Posts
The "fake version of her face" was so that the other actors knew where to look when talking to She-Hulk. I did enjoy seeing the tricks they did with elevated ramps (and a booster seat in the yurt!).

421 - 431 of 431 Posts