TiVo Community Forum banner
341 - 360 of 431 Posts

· Cat God
17,529 Posts
Apparently there was supposed to be 10 episodes originally and the ending was supposed to be very different but they went over budget and had to cut it down to 9 episodes, hence the mess that was episode 9.

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Count me as one who thought the finale was great. For 8 episodes, the show has saying "This is not a typical Marvel show!" and everyone still wanted a typical finale. The opening was great "You don't want to see me when I am angry!". And asking when we are going to see X-Men, thank you Jen!

Not every movie/show has to have a big earth shattering arc. Sometime, just simple episodic TV is all I need.

· Registered
3,287 Posts
A lot of people (here and youtube reviewers) are giving it credit for not doing the typical marvel big fight ending, but what did they really do? Started the typical marvel big fight ending, stopped it in the middle, made fun of doing the typical marvel big fight ending and then cut to what would be the end of the fight where the police are hauling away the bad guys. Should've ended it last episode with the DD team up, much better episode.

Now that it's over and everyone is clamouring for something different, looking back at the series (I was in to initially). I would've liked it more if it was actually a lawyer show set up in the MCU and had more episodes in the court with super cases. The shape shifter, immortal and leap frog courtroom scenes were all interesting and would have liked more of that...also someone here mentioned her own issue with that parking garage and property damage, take that case to court.

The show as it is wanted to be different, but also wanted to be the same at the same time and it came out feeling like nothing really happened.

· Meh.
41,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·

· Premium Member
45,267 Posts
I watch all streaming shows with subtitles, and the subtitles spoiled it a little for me. When they were in the writers room and talking about seeing "Kevin," the subtitles wrote it as "K.E.V.I.N." which gave away that it was going to be some sort of AI/Robot/something other than Kevin Feige.

· randomize
5,158 Posts
I watch all streaming shows with subtitles, and the subtitles spoiled it a little for me. When they were in the writers room and talking about seeing "Kevin," the subtitles wrote it as "K.E.V.I.N." which gave away that it was going to be some sort of AI/Robot/something other than Kevin Feige.
What a bummer. I thought that was great. When she left the writers room, I was asking myself "did they really put Fiege in the show". And then the actual reveal.

· Registered
391 Posts
I'm not so sure they used the body double for everything in the OG-style intro. Specifically, the recreated rampage scene from the Female Lawyer Gala where she was flipping the table in her silver gown. She looked uhhh different.

· Cat God
17,529 Posts
This guy really didn't like She-Hulk

He may have hated it, but I’ve seen a similar complaint from reviewers who were mixed or even who liked it.

Basically the plot, as it was, was a mess. It just was. They admit as much in episode 9, but then pretend that it was on purpose because the “writers” wanted to do a cookie cutter Marvel show.

Hand waving away poor writing as intentional doesn’t negate the fact that the writing was still bad.

That said I did enjoy it as it was something different, but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my top 5 Disney+ show list.

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
I have to speak up, this is one of the reasons I hate coming into threads in TV Talk here recently, the amount of people that thread/show crap is frustrating.
At least so far no one has said this has ruined their childhood :)

The frustrating part is that this was never going to be a standard Marvel show, they made that very clear, and so many complaints are that " all Marvel shows are the same template" and this wasn't, and I adored that they called it out in universe.

I saw a complaint about " she just went from talking to K.E.V.I.N. to the next scene with no transition" well yeah, because that was one of the meta conversations they just had when she was asked to "transform off camera because it costs so much" so a cut was super cheap :)

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,054 Posts
I'm not so sure they used the body double for everything in the OG-style intro. Specifically, the recreated rampage scene from the Female Lawyer Gala where she was flipping the table in her silver gown. She looked uhhh different.
Agreed. Much of the OG intro/dream made She-Hulk look more like Ferigno than like she had looked the rest of the series.

· Cat God
17,529 Posts
The frustrating part is that this was never going to be a standard Marvel show, they made that very clear, and so many complaints are that " all Marvel shows are the same template" and this wasn't, and I adored that they called it out in universe.
I have no problem with trying something different, but the show didn’t seem to know what it wanted to be. Though part of that is likely do to the production issues with the CGI budget being repeatedly cut after filming started and cutting the season down from 10 to 9 episodes.

Basically the reason they couldn’t do a big battle episode 9 is not because they didn’t plan to, but because they couldn’t afford the CGI to do so at that point. Some of what was in episode 9 wasn’t far from the truth.

· Meh.
41,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
I have to speak up, this is one of the reasons I hate coming into threads in TV Talk here recently, the amount of people that thread/show crap is frustrating.
At least so far no one has said this has ruined their childhood :)

I saw a complaint about " she just went from talking to K.E.V.I.N. to the next scene with no transition" well yeah, because that was one of the meta conversations they just had when she was asked to "transform off camera because it costs so much" so a cut was super cheap :)
The opinions of people who didn't like it are just as worthy as those who did like it. I haven't seen thread craps, just opinions of people who didn't think it was all that good. Not everything deserves a medal.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,054 Posts
From that article:
When budget issues did come to the fore, it required cutting more scenes involving She-Hulk. "Once we got into pre-production and production itself, once somebody had to sit down and start figuring out the cost of everything, it was like every week, I was told, 'Can you cut more She-Hulk scenes? Can you change more She-Hulk scenes to Jen? Can she be Jen in more scenes?'" Gao explains. "Even in post, you know, we had to cut a lot of shots by virtue just because it was She-Hulk."
If having the CGI character on screen was such a problem, it seems like it would have been much easier to just cut all the scenes where she's being Lawyer Hulk. Showing her in the office and in the courtroom as She-Hulk was totally pointless. They should have saved the SH character for when she was going to do something with her powers, not for when she was just doing regular, everyday work.

341 - 360 of 431 Posts