TiVo Community Forum banner
241 - 260 of 431 Posts

·
Cat God
17,209 Posts
Speculating.

But I think it's a pretty obvious speculation...not that I'm sure it will turn out to be the case; just that in a Marvel show, somebody that's too good to be true is often a bad guy in disguise. ;)
Also in the quick recap they play before the episode they tend to show scenes relevant to the upcoming episode. One of the scenes was the guy trying to jab She-Hulk with the needle which seemed like an odd scene to show for a wedding episode.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I like the She-Hulk series but this episode sucked.

My criticism of Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel was that they were origin stories that took most of their seasons for their superheroes to get full superhero-y. She-Hulk solved that problem for me with her mastering hulking out in its first episode. But it seems like they then forgot to have a solid plot for the subsequent episodes. This was a throw away, stand alone episode that served no real apparent purpose to advance the character except maybe Jen will get a boyfriend. My totally unsubstantiated guess is if Wedding Guy ends up being Jen's boyfriend then he'll later be revealed to be evil.
Jen looked right at the camera and said this "Yes, it's a self-contained wedding episode. And if you think this is happening at an inconvenient time, you're right."

·
Excellent.
24,569 Posts
There is hate-watching, which is not what I am doing at this point. I am... incredulity-watching? Like, I'm incredulous that they seem to have constructed an entire series around nothing but C-stories, and even that is sometimes generous. The end titles roll, and I'm still waiting for a plot to show itself. To the series' credit, there is mild entertainment to be had along the way, but the thing is bizarrely threadbare. Really strange.
I think all I can do after the wedding episode is re-up this comment. I am stupefied that this is the show they are making. And this episode was probably the first that was not only a thirty-minute afterthought, but outright poor. Nothing about the wedding made any sense. Jen wouldn't be friends with any of those people, none of whom acted like recognizable humans anyway. And the show completely sold out her character for the joke visual of her constantly dressed in baggy She-Hulk-sized clothes, as though she wouldn't have brought her own attire.

The feud with Titania, who is a joke character to boot, makes no sense. If she were the successful influencer that we are supposed to believe she is, she wouldn't care to avenge herself on Jen for not letting her steal her She-Hulk name. And killing She-Hulk is supposed to help her how? Also, apparently we are supposed to forget the brief courtroom fight in the pilot, which was a scene shot from the finale but used in the premiere to spice up that action-light episode. Titania apparently faced no consequences for that, and having chosen to edit that in, the series has never justified it.

Baffling.

·
Palindromer
19,728 Posts
I just binged to current over the weekend...

While it is not going to win any Emmys... And it's not to the same level of quality we have grown accustomed to based on previous MCU shows... I am able to enjoy it for what it is... I'm definitely committed to finishing it...

·
Palindromer
19,728 Posts
I have a CGC slabbed She-Hulk #1 that I should have gotten rid of before the show was released... I think I could have fetched $200.00 the week before the show aired in the condition grade that it is in... But now, I am not so sure what I could get for it... Timing is everything, right?

·
Thrice as nice
11,385 Posts
I have a CGC slabbed She-Hulk #1 that I should have gotten rid of before the show was released... I think I could have fetched $200.00 the week before the show aired in the condition grade that it is in... But now, I am not so sure what I could get for it... Timing is everything, right?
I dunno. The people who like the comics generally seem to be liking the series. MCU viewers certainly have a mixed opinion of the show, but I can't imagine that would hurt the value. If anything, the crossover few who like the show and want to get into the comics would increase your potential customer base.

But really, I doubt the show will make one bit of difference in sale value.

·
Palindromer
19,728 Posts
I dunno. The people who like the comics generally seem to be liking the series. MCU viewers certainly have a mixed opinion of the show, but I can't imagine that would hurt the value. If anything, the crossover few who like the show and want to get into the comics would increase your potential customer base.

But really, I doubt the show will make one bit of difference in sale value.
Historically, the comics get a big short term bump in value in anticipation of the new show...and then interest wanes...

Sometimes the "bump" is caused by rumors about a villain's appearance...and when the rumors either don't prove out, or the interest in a first-appearance of a potential A-list super villain subsides, the value falls quickly...

A few examples of characters that caused a short term bump in a book, followed by big drop include:
  • Moon Knight
  • Hydra-man (Spiderman villain)
  • Madam Web
  • She-Hulk
Can't think of them all...but just a short list off the top of my head... When a villain or supporting character gets a bump, I think people are hoping that it will be a sustained interest like "The Punisher" and "Green Goblin" where their first appearances have resulted in sustained value...

It's a lot like the stock market...and the anticipation of an IPO...followed by the reality of the real value... An IPO of a potential hot issue is almost always welcome with a hockey stick increase in value and interest...followed by more sanity after things settle...

·
Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
40,592 Posts
I thought this week's episode had potential. When the bull guy and the other guy smashed into the Prius, I found them entertaining. The group thing seemed fun at first, but I got bored with it. I do like this show, but it could be a lot better.

·
Thread Killer
2,447 Posts
They really need to pick the pace up. I was so looking forward to this show and its kind of been a disappointment. The last episode was okay but I mean, everyone knew what was up with blood guy.

If She-Hulk is going to end up integrated into the next Avengers, it would be nice if they could start laying that groundwork.

·
TV MA SLV
21,582 Posts
My one main issue with the show is that it seems to be just piling on everything in the last 2 episodes.

Everybody is going to be in the last 2 episodes, Titania, Hulk, Daredevil, Frog Man, etc...

-smak-

241 - 260 of 431 Posts