TiVo Community Forum banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
I am Groot!
64,305 Posts
It’s just that there were a lot of Netflix Marvel shows between Daredevil and the others. It’s easier for Marvel to be able to pick and choose what they want to bring and what they don’t. Especially if they want to pretend that Iron Fist never existed.
On the other hand, given how little they interacted with the rest of the MCU, there's really no reason to disavow them. They can continue to exist off in their own little corner of NYC.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,600 Posts
My wife's gonna love this week's episode. She's been complaining about She-Hulk's business clothes since long before it got mentioned in the show.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The only thing I notice is a fair number of shots where the green on her face looks like make-up, not green skin...
I haven't watched anything from behind the scenes for this show, but it's quite possible that they do use makeup in some scenes. It's cheaper than CGI, I would think.
Bruce's Hulk face still looks like Bruce. She-Hulk looks nothing like Jen to me. The CGI for her just seems to be so much more primitive than for the Hulk.
Hmm. I don't get that at all. To me, she looks more like herself. Maybe even more so than Bruce's Hulk.

Regardless, I think the way she looks is international, rather than cheapening out on effects. I think it is part of her being more herself, just larger and greener, than Bruce was in the beginning. I know they talked about it some in the first episode, but didn't really go into in depth. Is Jen a more evolved Hulk than Bruce, or is she more like a Hulk-lite? Is it because she was transformed by exposure to his blood instead of radiation like he was? Or is it a difference in her genetics? Maybe they'll tell us more about it eventually.

At any rate, I'm really enjoying the show.

·
Excellent.
23,779 Posts
There is hate-watching, which is not what I am doing at this point. I am... incredulity-watching? Like, I'm incredulous that they seem to have constructed an entire series around nothing but C-stories, and even that is sometimes generous. The end titles roll, and I'm still waiting for a plot to show itself. To the series' credit, there is mild entertainment to be had along the way, but the thing is bizarrely threadbare. Really strange.

All the talk about the She-Hulk CGI, and no mention of dimestore Titania? It looks like they got her costume and makeup at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
There is hate-watching, which is not what I am doing at this point. I am... incredulity-watching? Like, I'm incredulous that they seem to have constructed an entire series around nothing but C-stories, and even that is sometimes generous. The end titles roll, and I'm still waiting for a plot to show itself. To the series' credit, there is mild entertainment to be had along the way, but the thing is bizarrely threadbare. Really strange.

All the talk about the She-Hulk CGI, and no mention of dimestore Titania? It looks like they got her costume and makeup at Wal-Mart.
Well the plot in the latest episode was Titania capitalizing on the She Hulk name, and the ensuing courtroom encounter. I don't think you're going to find anything deeper in this series. As far as Titania looking like a cheap knockoff, I think that's pretty much the point with her. She's all glitz and glamour, with no substance.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
42,074 Posts
I dislike end credit scenes but I was kinda upset that there wasn't one for this episode especially since I let the credits fully play out without fast forwarding them.
When the credits go into "squeeze mode" (that is, showing a preview for another Disney+ show along side the credits) then there isn't anything more to be seen, except more credits.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
But having an extra pair of shoes and giving them away to a stranger? That seemed a little over the top. I guess I could see if someone carried a small pair of flats to change into after a night in high heels, but the shoes they gave her were shiny silver heels. So either one of the ladies left the bathroom barefoot, or went back out into the club in flats/slippers/sandals.
In danger of Smeeking, as I just got caught up on She-Hulk...

Am I the only guy who dated a woman who would have a backup, pair of non-heels in her bag when going out? Actually, dated 2 women who did this. Used mostly for walking to and from the bar/club and then changing into heels.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,088 Posts
In danger of Smeeking, as I just got caught up on She-Hulk...

Am I the only guy who dated a woman who would have a backup, pair of non-heels in her bag when going out? Actually, dated 2 women who did this. Used mostly for walking to and from the bar/club and then changing into heels.
When I was clubbing when younger I always had 2 pairs, heels and flats, talk to the women in your lives, you'll find it's pretty common.

Reactions: justen_m

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
When I was clubbing when younger I always had 2 pairs, heels and flats, talk to the women in your lives, you'll find it's pretty common.
I don't think the fact that a woman had an extra pair of shoes is all that surprising. What was surprising was that they gave Jen Walters the shiny, sparkly heels. Seems like if they're out clubbing and have an extra pair of "comfy" shoes in a purse, they'd give her the comfy shoes rather than the fancy, shiny heels.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
That bar looked pretty divey and likely wasn't that group of women's main destination that night. They probably either stopped there to have some cheap drinks before heading to the club or on their way home from the club. Either way, she was likely wearing the comfy shoes at that bar and would switch to the dancing shoes when they got to the club.

·
Liberal Elitist
3,595 Posts
My wife and I were never really club-goers, but I can say that I don't have any idea what she carries in her purse now, much less what she might have been carrying when we were dating ~40 years ago. :D

201 - 220 of 241 Posts