TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought the premiere episode was very promising, entertaining and fun. I wish they had dropped a couple of them for the first week.

I chuckled when the paralegal reminded her to take her shoes off before hulking out.

And thank the gods of Asgard it doesn't look there's going to be four or five hours of learning to use her powers origin story.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My only (small) problem while watching that ladies room scene was that the building was built so Jen was able to go from straight off the street to the bathroom area without being seen by anybody. That's a serious security issue for a bar.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I have zero memory of the Hulk movie with Abomination. Other than that, I liked the second episode. It was more table setting for future episodes.

I hate mid-credits scenes.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
It's probably been asked a billion times before but isn't a stallion a male horse? I don't follow Megan Thee Stallion's career so I don't know why she picked that name.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I thought Madisynn was annoying but still liked the episode.

I wanted to smack steroid dude upside his head for being a jerk to Jen the morning after.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
I dislike end credit scenes but I was kinda upset that there wasn't one for this episode especially since I let the credits fully play out without fast forwarding them.

It was a fun episode but I wouldn't mind seeing She-Hulk smash some more bad guys.

Her sidekick's shoulder pads seem to catch my eye in each episode so maybe this is meant to be from an earlier time period.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
But again, this helmet seems to be from the beginning of Daredevil's career...i.e., it came before the red one. At least in the comics...

(Where after six issues they realized DD's costume looked like, well, it was designed by a blind guy, and they changed it to the all-red one we all know.)
Seems weird that he needed a really, really big "D" on his chest.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
It's a tv show based on a comic book. Everything is plausible in that universe.

(But then again, I do whine about the implausibilities within a tv show with dragons. :LOL: )

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
I like the She-Hulk series but this episode sucked.

My criticism of Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel was that they were origin stories that took most of their seasons for their superheroes to get full superhero-y. She-Hulk solved that problem for me with her mastering hulking out in its first episode. But it seems like they then forgot to have a solid plot for the subsequent episodes. This was a throw away, stand alone episode that served no real apparent purpose to advance the character except maybe Jen will get a boyfriend. My totally unsubstantiated guess is if Wedding Guy ends up being Jen's boyfriend then he'll later be revealed to be evil.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
My one main issue with the show is that it seems to be just piling on everything in the last 2 episodes.

Everybody is going to be in the last 2 episodes, Titania, Hulk, Daredevil, Frog Man, etc...

-smak-
There are only two episodes left? Are they going to be two hours each or something? The plot is still on first base and its shoes are untied. The show is entertaining but two minutes of plot advancement per episode isn't a great ratio. I'm beginning to wish that Netflix was still doing these Marvel shows.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
I’m fairly certain the show is setting up future plot points in the MCU and most of the open ended story points won’t be resolved by the end of the series.
Oh, I'm pretty sure they have a well thought out, logical plan for this series and how it connects to the rest of the MCU. I'm just a fan doing what fans do - whining when things don't go the way I'd want them to and thinking I could do it better when I know that I really can't.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
...but the show hasn't even managed to develop anyone outside of Jen. I mean, can we name a single character besides her, seven episodes in? (It's not good for the show that everyone's answer would probably be "Madisynn".)
I think they've done a good job with Jen's paralegal assistant although I can't remember her name, which probably speaks to your point.

·
Meh.
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
I get that it's an episodic sitcom, I just don't like it. Marvel is wasting money and resources on the TV equivalent of cotton candy.
In Marvel's defense, She-Hulk is an entertaining interlude from Marvel's usual New York, America, earth and/or universe in serious trouble fare. It's meant to be an in between meals snack.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts