TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
I thought it was great. I love the lighter, funnier side of Marvel and this had it. I'm interested in seeing where this show goes because it feels like the first episode is just gonna be different because they needed to set up how she became a hulk and got back into her job. Now let's see how her job actually goes.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
I'm not sold on the CGI either but the story is most important to me. I think green makeup probably would have been much worse, so I'm cool with it. If the show does well they can work on the CGI.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
I found Bruce's situation to be pretty sad. He's alone at a secret base with a nice personal bar, but with no friends to drink with, thinking about Cap and Tony. It seemed like he was kinda excited to help his cousin as she went through the hulk changes, and everything just came easy to her, she didn't want his help, and she ditched him at first possibility as well. Seems a little parallel to what Wanda is going through, though her story turned out differently.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
It's a fun, light show that you can't think too deeply about. Just thinking about calling a witness on the spot and pulling her through dimensions to testify drunk is not going to win any awards for authenticity.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
I agree this episode wasn't great, but I still enjoy the show.

We do keep getting the drawn out plot that someone is trying to get Jen/SH's blood. This episode we had the short clip of the baddie with a giant syringe in a briefcase this time which will likely come in another episode.

I also liked that the bride didn't go all bridezilla as expected once she saw She-Hulk and instead liked it. That was at least a nice unexpected twist.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
I have a CGC slabbed She-Hulk #1 that I should have gotten rid of before the show was released... I think I could have fetched $200.00 the week before the show aired in the condition grade that it is in... But now, I am not so sure what I could get for it... Timing is everything, right?
I dunno. The people who like the comics generally seem to be liking the series. MCU viewers certainly have a mixed opinion of the show, but I can't imagine that would hurt the value. If anything, the crossover few who like the show and want to get into the comics would increase your potential customer base.

But really, I doubt the show will make one bit of difference in sale value.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
I still thought it was fun. Nothing mindblowing or anything but it's a quick show with a few laughs and a few eyerolls.

Disappointing they went where everyone was expecting with the boyfriend. It would have been more surprising if he was not the bad guy.

·
Thrice as nice
11,378 Posts
For as many changes as they made to the whole series to cut costs, I thought the show did a pretty good job. Was it perfect? No. But it was still a light, fun show with a good sense of humor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts