TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
I did find it a bit weird that when Holloway met Jen at the bar, asked her to "be Jen", once she reverted to normal form, she also instantly acted drunk.
Made sense to me, She-hulk metabolism vs. Jen's
Yes! She even said so. Here she is getting back up off the floor as her boss watches. This has been a running joke since Bruce first mentioned it in the first episode. (This isn't Holloway, though. It's her previous boss, right before he fires her.)
Flash photography Tie Blazer Event Formal wear

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
I never saw Shang-Chi so I had no idea that the Abomination was in that. So excuse me if I'm a bit confused about the timeline. Did Blonsky escape the prison after he spoke with Jen or did that happen before?
Apparently Sorcerer Supreme Wong magically transported the Abomination to Macau so he could fight him in a cage match, then returned him to prison afterwards. It's possible the prison guards were not aware of this. During that scene, I got the impression this wasn't the first time and that outside of the matches the two of them were friendly.

Reactions: vertigo235

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
It's probably been asked a billion times before but isn't a stallion a male horse? I don't follow Megan Thee Stallion's career so I don't know why she picked that name.
That was bothering me too, but not enough to look it up until you asked, lol. According to Wikipedia:
She adopted the stage name "Megan Thee Stallion" because she was called a "stallion" in adolescence due to her height (5 ft 10 in (178 cm)) and "thick" body frame; voluptuous and statuesque women in the Southern United States are colloquially called stallions.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
This episode had me laughing to tears!

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
How many guys clicking on She-Hulk's profile had a "green chick from Star Trek" fantasy going in their heads?
Yvonne Craig was only 5' 4", so whatever they're into it probably goes way beyond that... I don't even want to think about it, lol. (Also they're too young to remember her as Batgirl.)
Entertainment Thigh Performing arts Fun Event

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
It's not clear yet whether this Daredevil (and Kingpin from Hawkeye) are the same from the Netflix series, and that that series took place in the 616 MCU, or if they are/were variants in a different universe.
Aren't the Netflix Marvel shows linked to the 616 MCU through references to the Battle of New York?

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
My wife's gonna love this week's episode. She's been complaining about She-Hulk's business clothes since long before it got mentioned in the show.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
Honestly, I enjoyed it. For me this is just a fun show that breaks the fourth wall, and I'm willing to let them go where they want or need to go with that for whatever reasons. It was a fun ride, I like all the actors, and I laughed or at least chuckled a couple times through every episode.

I agree the subtitles ruined the Kevin surprise. And am I the only one wondering when and why Matt Murdock passed the California bar? But again, it's a silly show so whatever. I'll save my complaints for something truly worthy... like La Brea, lol.

Reactions: cheesesteak

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
Well, in the comics universe he spent some time living in San Francisco... ;)
Interesting, thank you! I had only googled California and LA. Apparently stories about DD in SF came out in 1972 and 2014. Those stories don't sync with what we've seen on Netflix, which may or may not be MCU cannon, but OK that's one way to explain it.

He was appearing pro hac vice, due to the relative rarity of available lawyers specializing in superhero related matters.
Thanks! This would more easily fit into the Netflix backstory, and mentioning those three words sure would have delighted all the courtroom drama nerds out there. But as mentioned above, Gao said they don't know how to write a courtroom show, and this may be a good example. I doubt they consciously avoided either explanation.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
They fixed the Kevin captions. (I just re-watched that with my wife; she was three episodes behind.)

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts

Reactions: DancnDude

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,734 Posts
Odd that they went through all that stuff about mo-cap and behind the scenes and never once mentioned the super-tall actor who played the stand in for She-Hulk. I wonder if maybe they didn't end up needing her very often.
They mentioned her in the Assembled video, but made it sound like she was mostly just involved with trying out She-Hulk sized versions of the wardrobe in real life, and also maybe did some blocking.

The Marvel Studios Assembled episode on She-Hulk dropped today. Haven't watched it yet, but I'll be curious to see what they say (they're usually pretty thorough, given they have an hour to play with).
See the trailer in my previous post, one page back. Clearly they had a lot of fun making this show, and that helped make the Assembled episode fun too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts