TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Wow. We must have watched different episodes because I thought it was terrible.

Let's start with the writing. What's with the talking to the camera? And so seldomly. Either it's a thing or it isn't. It seemed very strange...
...but not as strange as that scene in the women's room. What---that group of women just happily gave away one of their coats and an extra pair of shoes (in Jennifer's size, no less) that they happened to be carrying with them? And talking about clothes, Jennifer is tiny and She-Hulk is huge---something like 4 times her mass. I can hand-wave away the whole conservation-of-mass thing, but how is it that after the Hulking out and then humanizing again in the final scene, Jennifer's jacket and shirt were mostly intact? They should have been shredded into tiny pieces. They certainly weren't made of spandex. Same with the T-shirt Jennifer was wearing when she fought with Banner. It didn't even look skin-tight on the huge She-Hulk.

And on the subject of transformation, in the scene in the lab, She-Hulk was wondering how she was going to turn human again. Then in the very next scene (yoga), she's human again. The following scene is Banner waking her up in bed and her turning back into She-Hulk, and Banner made a comment about how yes, she does become human as she slept. Seems like very poor writing or editing. Oh, and the implication was that she went to bed as She-Hulk...but when she Hulked out from waking up and gained size and mass, she broke the bed. How then could she have laid down on it as She-Hulk?

Only, and now to the acting. I thought Maslany as Jennifer was OK, but she seemed very inconsistent in the scenes as She-Hulk. Maybe it's trying to emote through the makeup/effects, but again, in that scene in the lab (especially the end), she didn't seem very believable.
Well to be fair , my expectation was pretty low haha

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
I'm enjoying this, but there's one thing that occasionally takes me out of the show. They can't seem to keep She-Hulk's size consistent. Sometimes she's huge and they'll cut to a different angle and she'll be smaller or it's the opposite. I know it's a minor nit. Other than that, it's a fun show.
I noticed this too, I think that in some of the close up shots especially she is wearing makeup and then other shots she’s obviously totally CGI.

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Bruce's Hulk face still looks like Bruce. She-Hulk looks nothing like Jen to me. The CGI for her just seems to be so much more primitive than for the Hulk.
I think we have to assume that Bruce's CGI assets are just recycled from the movies, which probably had a different set of artists and a bigger budget.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts