TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
Finally got to watch this - my wife had watched it earlier. I can see the potential, but the first episode was a bit too predictable. I'm hoping that, now that the origin story is out of the way, it will move forward. My wife griped that, even though Bruce as Hulk is large all around, when Jen transforms, she is tall but thin, with a much bigger bustline.(I think this has been mentioned upthread as well.) I was also puzzled that, shortly after Bruce explains that they can't get drunk, they do.

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
My wife’s major gripe is that the Marvel Studios intro and end credits go on far too long for such a short episode. Disney+ doesn’t offer “Skip intro” either.

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
My wife and I caught up on the series last night, and while there are definitely fun spots, we both agree that there is no real story here. It seems to be a series of gags, funny as they are, that don't coalesce into something more solid. We both loved Ms. Marvel for the way that story and character development were in front of the sight gags. I do get that S-H is primarily a comedy, but why couldn't it have been more like Hawkeye?

We will, of course, watch the final episode (haven't yet), but don't expect our opinion to change.

I do agree that the makeup on Tatiana seems a bit too obvious in some scenes.

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
Just watched the last episode. I liked it, supremely silly and touching at the same time. Loved the scene with Matt and Jen's family,

K.E.V.I.N. said "no" to She-Hulk on the big screen, right?

The "Who are you wearing" from the reporter was priceless.

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
As I noted, it's the one rare point where DC's television/movie non-unified universe has an advantage... they can do "out there" things in one show or movie, and not have to worry about it violating "rules" that some other movie(s)/show(s) have setup.
Hasn't worked out to much of an advantage, though, has it? Black Adam is getting savaged in reviews. What was the last really successful DC movie? 2017's Wonder Woman? Aquaman did well, but with a bigger budget. Maybe Joker, though said to not be in the DCEU.

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
I was tickled by the DEC VT100 in the opening sequence. I assume the screen image is a special effect, as I don't think any of the VT1XX series could display exactly like this. (Maybe the VT125, but it seems unlikely that they worked up the hardware and software to do that.)

Font Gadget Rectangle Electric blue Multimedia

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
What's especially funny to me about that image is that the faint text above says "Hello web surfer" when what is shown is clearly a BBS-like interface. (The web came into being with NCSA Mosaic in the 1990s, the VT100 was long gone by then.)

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
Odd that they went through all that stuff about mo-cap and behind the scenes and never once mentioned the super-tall actor who played the stand in for She-Hulk. I wonder if maybe they didn't end up needing her very often.
They did mention her very briefly, about a quarter into the show, but never showed her. They said she was 6-foot-7!

I liked the Assembled episode, noting that it was basically all women putting the show together and everyone was shown to be having fun.

·
Dumb Blond
38,559 Posts
The "fake version of her face" was so that the other actors knew where to look when talking to She-Hulk. I did enjoy seeing the tricks they did with elevated ramps (and a booster seat in the yurt!).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts